• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHTML not working

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2006 Jun 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last three hours, I've been trying to get RoboHTML to work. By "work" I mean either create a new HTML/WebHelp, FlashHelp, Any-type-of-help project, and open exisiting projects. Nothing. I will either get a message saying it is unable to create the database, make sure the directory is not read-only (it isn't), or it tells me the cpd file is corrupt. I follow the directions from the Adobe KB article on this (delete xpj and cpd, edit hhp) still won't work.
I've rolled back all security patches that had been installed since it last functioned (June 13), uninstalled the 5.0.2 Update, Rebooted the computer twice, did the hokey pokey and turned myself around. Still nothing. And since I have the only instance of the program in the company, I can't try the projects on another instance.
So, in a nutshell:
I have tried to open an existing project by navigating to the xpj file directly, through File>Open in RoboHTML, through the RoboHelp Starter. I have also tried to create new projects using the starter, importing hhp.
I have rolled back any and all updates to the last time the program worked. Still nothing. All it will do is return the error message about being unable to open/create the database, or when I create a new one, it does nothing. Just disappears after going through the wizard.
The only thing I haven't done yet is uninstall and reinstall, which I am hoping to avoid if possible.
Help? Please? Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ringland

I'm sure the question on the tip of everyone's tongue when they read this message is "are you per chance working with the project on a server".

Where is the project located? It is recommended to work with project located on a local drive.

If you are indeed working with the project locally, are you using RH Source control?

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all of the files are local. I'm the only one in the company that uses the program.
No, I haven't been using source control, and I can't say that I'm familiar with it.
I guess my main concern is that just over a week ago, I had no problems, and now I cannot even create a new project to try and rebuild the old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely sure they're local? Remember, a shared drive on your machine is still a network connection.

Your IT folks have'nt switched everyone over to Active Directory, have they? (Another network environment).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given how easy an uninstall and reinstall is, that would be pretty high on my list of things to try.

The only thing that bothers me is that this otherwise sounds more like a user rights at the time of installation problem or, as it says, a corruption issue.

If you have been using RH without issue up to now, the user rights at the time of installation almost gets ruled out. The exception being if IT have given you a new profile or your existing profile has become corrupted. The first you would know about as many of your settings would have been lost. If your existing profile has become corrupt it might not be otherwise obvious but creating a new profile means you are going to lose the settings anyway so I would prefer the RH reinstall option first.

On the corruption side of things, take a look at this topic. Maybe something there will help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the information and ideas. I'm just going to keep plugging away at it and see what happens. I will probably end up reinstalling.
Thanks for trying. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the information and ideas. I'm just going to keep plugging away at it and see what happens. I will probably end up reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I tend to side with fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter. My gut says "rights"!

If you reinstall and the issue persists, time to have a heart to heart with your IT folks to see if they surreptitiously installed an update or made any changes to configuration over the last week or so that you are unaware of.

Sure does smack of something like that being at play here... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run across the same problem and I am sure it caused by RoboHelp. It has caused this same problem on 2 different computers during the use of RoboHelp. This must be bug in RoboHelp. Just like Ringland, I have done everything I know to reverse this situation.
Has anyone found a fix to this problem? It appears that it has existed for at least a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This problem usually comes back to RH not having been installed in accordance with the instructions so that is hardly a bug.

If you install as per this topic and have your projects on your hard disk, it works for the rest of us.

You say you have done everything you know but we don't know what that is so it is difficult to be more specific. I've installed RH on plenty of PCs and never had a problem.

NOTE: "this topic" above is a link, it may not be too obvious.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp