• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Flash/AIR for Android, where?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Adobe's download center I don't get an option for Android download.

So from where exactly I can download Flash player and AIR for Android ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this a try...

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashpro_extensionforair/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2011 Jan 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but how do people install Flash Player for Android when there is no such info on Download page?

How does even Adobe thinks to populate Flash Player on other platforms when you can download players only for Win, Mac, Linux, Solaris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I misunderstood you question.

You can install flash player and AIR in android from Market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is an Update of 1/24/11 for Flash Player for Android. There are system requirements and other info here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/860/cpsid_86018.html

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's all fine when I ask, but how will anyone else install Flash player or AIR since they won't know... it isn't available from downloads area where is Flash player and it should be.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The Adobe Website is very extensive, not every program can be in one place. Not every mobile phone meets the system requirements, so it wouldn't be fruitful to have Flash Player in the download center. It would have to be qualified, if you have this, or if you have that, and etc. and etc. and that is what the last Adobe website link that I posted does.

Even I have to use the Search feature to find some things. As I said tho, the Manufacturer of your Android has a website and should have up to date information. Likewise your Carrier.

There is a lot of difference also between Flash Player for various computers and the mobile phones.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean, but hear me out, why I disagree.

First of all if in Adobe's interest is to promote Flash on other platforms, if that were true then this wouldn't be an issue.

Second, Adobe has Download page, if it can have Solaris as an option, then I don't see why they can't simply add in dropdown menu one or few more platforms, so people don't have to search through the whole Adobe website. They have very easy solution for this, but they don't use it.

It's perfectly logically to think that you would find Flash player downloads for ALL platforms on its Download page.

Or separate mobile platforms from computers and then have Downloads page for Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant describe how angry I am with adobe now.. It is an hour I have been trying to get air for my android tablet. I know I can get it from android market but at the moment it doesnt work and I cant really understand why guys you dont simply put air for android into your site. You talk like there are hundreds platforms and it is impossible to deliver air from adobe web site for android but it doesnt make sense at all.... a software is not available in its creator web page... ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I keep saying, but people keep saying problem is in me . And this is exactly what I know is happening there is ton of people searching for this on Adobe's website and they can't find it, most people give up after short search if they can't find goodbye Adobe and their AIR or Flash for Android.

So same question is always here, how can Adobe promote something when they don't even offer it on their website? how do they even expect to gain people to use their software when Adobe is not really enthusiastic about their software... very strange policy they have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apps written for Android using Adobe Air, at start of installation, will most times direct the user to download the Adobe Air runtime from either the Amazon apps marketplace or the Android marketplace, depending on where the user downloaded the app. The iPhone version app will have the runtime already bundled, so there will be no need to install a separate Air runtime in most cases. Flash player is a different software together, which allows you to view and enjoy Flash sites. Flash 10 and Air for Android are two different items.

You can always go to Android market or Amazon marketplace first and install the latest Air runtime. This is only requiered once, and not for every Air app that you install. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player and AIR for Android are available directly from the Android Market on supported Android devices.  If you are unable to find Adobe Flash Player in the Market, the most likely reason is that your device does not meet the minimum system requirements.

Specifically, Flash Player requires a CPU with support for the ARMv7-A instruction set to achieve the level of performance required for acceptable multimedia playback.

Your device has an ARM11 CPU, which only supports the ARMv6 instruction set.

For future reference, Adobe maintains a list of devices certified to work with Adobe Flash Player and AIR here:

http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/certified_devices/

You might want to give Skyfire a try.  It uses "remote desktop" technology to render Flash animation and video in the cloud, for devices that are incapable of processing Flash content natively:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skyfire.browser&feature=search_result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11 will be supported indefinitely on Android devices.  It is perfectly capable and can play all content authored for Flash player 11 and under (in other words, everything until it is possible to make Flash player 12 content- even then people can publish down, as you have always been able to do with Flash).

The player handles videos, 3D acceleration, data loading/manipulation, bitmap and vector animation, audio/mp3 playback and audio transformation- etc., etc., etc. Crowing that 'Flash is dead' on mobile seems very easy/trendy to do- but it is not  true or accurate. Adobe has committed to update Flash so that it works on 'future versions' of android tablets (and Playbook).However, Flash mobile will die a slow but steady growth as developers see no point to use it and new versions of flash software comes out and will move to Air and/or HTML5. Check it at engadget.com:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/11/adobe-releases-final-flash-player-version-for-android-blackberr/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not choose a ESPOW android tablet pc?

I can run all my phone apps on my tablet. So it takes up full screen which is fine since there is a button which shows the most  recent apps so its very easy to switch apps running in the background. I think Flash is still very important in the tablet form factor since web browsing is the most important thing u do with tablets and u wont get a full experience not having flash.

http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/certified_devices/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no ASUS Prime TF201 tablet on that list of devices, somebody isn't updating that list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also have a try for ctutu China Tablet PC .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines