• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to extract/export the audio out of Captivate?

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Captivate project that has audio narration, but I want to edit the audio in a separate application and import the modified audio back into the project. Can this be done? I've already tried the obvious - copy and paste. That doesn't work.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006
Hi benhenny

Absolutely it can be done. And it's really pretty easy!

Click Audio > Advanced audio... and you should see the Advanced Audio Management dialog. From here, in the lower left corner, click the check box labeled "Show object level audio". Now select the desired clip(s) and click the Export button on the bottom of the dialog. You then simply choose where you want Captivate to place the files. You should end up with two files. One in .WAV format and the second in .MP3 format.

Cheers....

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi benhenny

Absolutely it can be done. And it's really pretty easy!

Click Audio > Advanced audio... and you should see the Advanced Audio Management dialog. From here, in the lower left corner, click the check box labeled "Show object level audio". Now select the desired clip(s) and click the Export button on the bottom of the dialog. You then simply choose where you want Captivate to place the files. You should end up with two files. One in .WAV format and the second in .MP3 format.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! That is pretty easy. Although I found a bug in Captivate. When I export, I don't get any option to name the file, and when it saves a file, it saves it as ".wav" - yes, that's right, no file name.

Also, if I select two files to export, it wants to overwrite the first .wav with the second .wav, so exporting multiple files isn't possible.

Running Version 1.01.1418 (Fullversion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources