• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

number of states vs more .mxml files

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying th figure out the best approach.  After login I change states and have a menu that can do is 7 different direction based on selection.

What is the advantage/disadvantage of changing the state of the current .mxml file verses having 7 different mxml files?

Thanks,

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I am developing an application and I have my main application with the following components.

AppHeader

AppFooter

AppContent

Then the AppContent MXML file contains many states for the different menus, around 7.

These states show one at a time using a TabNavigator to display the content is the one section of the screen.

One of the states has another set of nested components

Right now I am having a VERY difficult time getting information into my database. I think it is because of the number of states and components. I am coming to believe that you have to be at the application mxml file to send information but I could be wrong. The only problem with components and state nesting is that it can get out of control quickly. It might better to refactor the application. I plan on doing this after the initial assessment from my managers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You don't have to be in the main MXML application file to send data.

You may want to look at architectural patterns in Flex like PureMVC, Cairngorm, Mate, Swiz. They address the exact problem you describe: how best to organize code taking into account MXML, states, server calls, binding, etc.

P.S: You'll get better responses for this question in the Flex general discussion forum.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines