Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to Extenal PDfs and CHM Files

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I want to be able to link to external PDF files, and chm files without the files being compiled into the chm  I am linking from. I want to do this so that if the PDF or chm file is updated you can simply put the new file in the directory, and it is used. I am linking form both the TOC and from links within topics.

It is important as I ave a complicated structiure oc chm files and need want o avaoide having to comple them in certain order .

I have it working with the files in the baggage folder. Many version of Robohelp ago when I was generating hlp files this was he case. Is it a limitation of chm files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tim

One way to accomplish this is by using an HTML Help Shortcut Control. Just program the control so that it runs the PDF or CHM file name. Then when you distribute your CHM, ensure the associated PDF or CHM file exists in the same folder.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp