1 2 Previous Next 46 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 9:25 AM by pastamovies

Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components

pastamovies Level 1

I have this problem that has really been bugging me. I purchased Premier Element 9 so I could edit hd .mov files and export to .mov.
      I have installed the software and have made successful movie edits and exported to .avi files. However, if I want to export to .mov I do not ahve the option. It just says:  "cannot find quicktime componants" :-( I have the latest quicktime installed and I even have the pro version and quicktime works jsut fine and it's definitely the latest version. Just did an update this morning.

How can I get premier elements fir find the quicktime componants that are already isntalled in my computer?

My computer OS is  Windows XP.

I can edit my .mov movies just fine but at present I am stuck with exporting to avi such as I have on this page here:

http://www.spaghettisauceandmeatballs.com/spaghetti_sauce_and_meatballs_videos.html

I'm happy with these but really would like to use the .mov export and maintain my HD quality.

Thanks for the help.   Tony

• 1. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you got the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer? (A new version was just released this morning.)

• 2. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
            pastamovies Level 1

Hmm.. how new of a version do I need for it to work properly with a program that came out a while ago?

Well I did a new update yesterday and premier was still not recognizing quicktime components. I'm at work now. I will do "another" quicktime update when I get home this evening. Will see if that works. Hope so. I was really hoping to be able to export in HD.

Would an uninstall and re-install of quicktime help at all?

Thanks,  Tony

• 3. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Probably not.

It might be worth contacting Adobe Tech Support.

• 4. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                pastamovies Level 1

Well, I tried taht and I would hardley call it "support". IF you call they will only talk to you if you pay $$$ and in this case it's 50% what the product cost me. I don't really call that help.

I was hoping this forum would do the trick. Let's see if anyone else has an answer for me.

Thanks,  Tony

• 5. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

A couple of questions:

Did you install PrE in the default location, or other? If so what other?

Did you install Apple's QT Player in the default location, or other? If so, what other?

Does QT Player launch and play MOV files correctly?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                    pastamovies Level 1

Adobe Premier Elements 9 - Installed in default location.

Quciktime - Installed in default location.

Quicktime launches and plays .mov files just fine.

... A real puzzler.

Thanks,   Tony

• 7. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

Thank you for that info. It takes a bit of stuff off of the table.

As an installation of Apple's QT Player installs all the recent Apple CODEC's, and all of the necessary components, it would seem that something is smurfed (technical video-editing term for messed up... ) in either the QT installation, or the PrE installation.

Since the update to QT Player was came after the installation of PrE, I would first do a System Restore Point, manually, for right now, with your system. (Not a bad idea, when things are working just fine.) Then, I would attempt to do a Repair Install of PrE. If you have the installation media, this should be an easy task, unless Adobe has changed things. The way that this has always worked with other Adobe programs in the past, is that one inserts the Disc #1 for PrE (if you bought the bundle, you will have 4 DVD's, 1 each for the program on the PC, one for the Mac, and then one each for the Functional Content on the Pc, and one for the Mac. You want the program installation, and not the Functional Content disc for your OS). When that disc launches, if AutoRun is on for that DVD drive, you should get a menu of installation options, such as Install PSE, or PrE. Choose PrE, and the installer module will launch, and survey your system. When it finds that PrE is installed, you should get two options: Uninstall PrE, or Repair Install PrE. Choose the latter. Again, the installer module will survey the system, and only install, update, replace any damaged, or missing modules. This is very quick, and is normally 100% at getting things in order. At that point, I would check whether the installation was for the original, and if so, install the patch, linked to above. Reboot and test.

If you have the download, others will have to tell you if, and how, one does a Repair Install from that. In all my years, other than beta testing, I have never used a download for any Adobe program, so know almost nothing about using those.

Now, if Adobe has removed the great Repair Install (others, like Neale, or Steve G. can tell us for sure), the operation would be to fully uninstall, PrE, and do as above, but then the option will be to Install PrE. Install, then update to the patch, reboot and test.

If all goes well, and you have the QT Components, I'd recommend doing another System Restore Point. Remember, if things do not go well, you still have that first System Restore Point, from before we did anything. Whenever doing any installation, even a patch, I do a System Restore Point, just to have that backup, should something go wrong.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                        pastamovies Level 1

Thanks for this info Hunt,

I appreciate the detailed response. I will give this a shot. I purchased the download version. I might just try a reinstall of the download .exe and see if it gives me the option to "repair". Will see how it goes.

Tony

• 9. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

If it does give you the option to Repair Install, please let me know. Not ever using the download versions is a drawback for me, and I am always ready to learn something new.

Thank you, and good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                            pastamovies Level 1

Sure thing, will give a try tonight and report back tomorrow. That glass of red winein you avatar is looking mighty good!

Ciao,   Tony

• 11. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

Remember, you do not get any wine, until you have successfully done the Repair Install, and all is working fine... sort of a "carrot on a stick."

IIRC, that was a glass of Santa Barbara (Central Coast, CA, US) Pinot Noir. Had one of those on Sat night, a Melville Carrie's Vineyard, and it was sublime!

Good luck,

Hunt

• 13. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                pastamovies Level 1

Hunt,

Sorry for being wordy on this but will try to explain my progress or lack thereof.

First, if you launch the premiere elements 9 downloaded.exe file you do not get an option to repair, only "The InstallShield Wizard will allow you to remove adobe Premiere Elements 9."

I went through MANY different scenarios/possible fixes last night, spent a LOT of time on this; too much really.

One thing I noticed was a file association issue with .mov files. So thinking that the .mov file association might be a conflict with the premiere elements .mov export I did the followoing:

I had the .mov files associated with the VLC player (VideoLAN), because that player is 10 X faster and plays everything! Great player! I tried to re-associate .mov file with quuicktime but the icon would not change, however file association was successful, i.e., you double click on a .mov file and quicktime plays the movie. So to make sure I had the quicktime icon associated correctly, I to un-installed the VLC Media Player.

After uninstalling the VLC Player, the windows media player icon showed up in explorer associated with .mov files even though the .mov files are associated with quicktime. Then, even though when you look at the files in explorer and see the windows media player icon for the .mov files, if you double click the .mov file quicktime plays the movie. I did complete reboots after uninstalls as well.

So then I did a repair on Quicktime and the quicken icon association was corrected. I was excited thinking this would do the trick but no such luck. Still no .mov export option. Grrr….

So then I uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime just to see if I needed to install quicktime after the install of premiere elements. But after re-install of quicktime, premiere elements still did not have the .mov export.

Then I started noticing in the upper right of welcome window or premiere that I could see the files that were loading during the launching of premier. Now I know the culprit!

Seems to hang up on ....loading "exportquicktimehost.prm" - then get the error message:  “dynamiclinkmanager has encountered a problem and needs to close.", then I click on don't send and I get the error one more time then click on "don't send" again and then premier opens and everything works fine but it just can't export to .mov WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART AND WHY I BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. UGH! I was getting the “dynamiclinkmanager has encountered a problem and needs to close." Before but I thought that was connected to the organizer and was ignoring it and was not making a connection of that with the .mov export.

You know what’s funny? I researched “dynamiclinkmanager” trying to find out what it is and there are many sites that say it’s a virus and tell you how to remove it but it’s a file create by adobe systems but many see it as a virus. Funny!

So I uninstalled premiere completely and reinstalled, still same problem.

PREMIERE ELEMENTS 9 HANGS UP WHEN TRYING TO LOAD EXPORTQUICKTIMEHOST.PRM.

This is definitely the problem, the program runs smoothly during launch and you can see all the files loading away then it gets to this annoying "exportquicktimehost.prm" file and you can see it hang up on this for a while and then you get the pop up error:  "dynamiclinkmanager has encountered a problem and needs to close". Then if you cancle out the error the program runs and all works fine except for the .mov export.

So I did a bunch of searching on this error; seems to be a firewall issue in many cases. Many different adobe products seem to have this problem, not just premiere elements.

My firewall was already turned off. I checked around just to make sure other third party blockers were not the problem.  I have Netnanny and webroot spyweeper/antivirus running at all time. I turned these off completely and launched premier elements again but still same problem.

I am at a lost and frustrated.  I find myself seriously going through this list of alternative mov video editors

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/ and giving up on premiere completely:

So, any ideas on the "exportquicktimehost.prm" / "dynamiclinkmanager has encountered a problem and needs to close"  errors/conflicts?

I guess it’s not time for the wine yet :-(

Thanks,  Tony

• 14. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

I do not recall any other threads on the QT components, and the PRM failure.

You have turned OFF many of my "usual suspects" already, but I wonder if there is something loading at boot-up, that we are not catching, that is fairly unique to your setup, and is getting in the way. Take a look at this ARTICLE, and see if we can find the culprit. I use those tips, prior to every editing session with either PrE, or PrPro, and have had zero conflicts over the years. In the process, take a look at MSCONFIG>Startup, and see just what IS being loaded. Determining which one might be getting in the way, can take some research, as there are not great details on what each program/process really is. Some are pretty straightforward, but others are, well very obscure. Most of these are just resource hogs, but there could be something in there, that IS blocking access to the QT PRM.

Wish that I had some specific ideas, but you've addressed about all that spring immediately to mind.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 15. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                    pastamovies Level 1

Hunt,

Thanks for the response. Bummer this is an unknown "special" issue. Oh well. I already have my msconfig tweaked out to be a mean and lean as possible. I've checked every avenue on this and well, giving up on premiere complelty for now with the system I have.

So, I'm thinking of this program for a quick fix:

CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Deluxe

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/powerdirector-review.html

Do you have any comments good or bad about PowerDirector 9 Deluxe? KNow anything about it?

I really, really jsut want to edit and export in .mov.  Did not know that was going to be such a hassle.

I'm not really needing high end stuff. Just want to get some nice hot to recipe vidieos up on youtube in hd. Nothing more than that.

Thanks for your help and effort.

Tony

• 17. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

I have an earlier version of CyberLink's PowerDirector (forget the # now, but would assume at least 2 versions back). I use it for certain footage, and basically use it as a converter, with some editing capabilities. Used in the limited way that I have, it has performed quite well. I found that the GUI was less to my liking, than even PrE, but that is because I use PrPro most often, and like having everything out in the open, rather than behind a streamlined interface. Still, PowerDirector has done everything that I have asked of it. In its role on my machine, it was a good purchase. It has choked on some large files, and on my workstation, where PrPro has easily handled mega-Projects, that run about 10 hours. As I do not really use it for much editing, I have never explored why it crashed, when it did, but just Open that file in another "tool," and keep on working. Also, this IS a very old version, so the program has likely been improved greatly. For me, worth the $.

Wish that I had more to offer, but good luck,

Hunt

• 18. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                        pastamovies Level 1

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.

Tony

• 19. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                          olav678 Level 1

I created a new account here just to say you're not the only one with a problem with this. I have the same problem and I'd love to know how to fix this issue. I cannot export to .mov. Also, I got that long hang time too when it tries to load in  "EXPORTQUICKTIMEHOST.PRM" but does eventually start the program. I often have to kill Adobe  QT32 Server.exe via Tast Manager as it'll linger long after I've closed  Premier Element. Sometime there'd be two of them. On the whole, Premier  Element 9 is very sluggish to run while the Premier Pro demo ran fast. I can't  even use Organizer anymore. It'd freezed up.   Because of this, I am considering buying other NLE programs. I'm using  Windows Vista Home Premium and have bought the Quicktime Pro. All are  regularly updated. I wrote this in a hurry so I'll come back later and read again to see if there's any common ground between your system and mine.

• 20. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                            pastamovies Level 1

Hey there Olav678,

Man! So glad to hear someone else is having the same problem. Now I don't feel so singled out and alienated ;-)

Just in case you want to follow along, I have another thread about this on the Element Village forum here:

Premiere Elements 9 cannot find Quicktime Componants

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=566882&posted=1#post566882

I'm determined to figure this out. It's really bugging me! Pulling my hair out trying to fix this.

I tried a few more variations but still nothing is working.

I am moving onto 
                                            CyberLink PowerDirector 9

http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector/buy_en_US.html

Buying this today!

However, I am determined to figure out why Premier hates quicktime! I really like the interface premier elements 9 has and would love to use it but without .moc export the entire program is really useless.

Peace!   Tony

• 21. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

It is a long story how I came across this thread. But a comment of yours in it sent up a flare. So, I just had to ask....

You stated that the latest version of QuickTime was released January 31st .

The QuickTime on my computer is version 7.6.9 and has been there since the prior update..been there awhile. The installed QuickTime tells me that it is up to date. And, if I go online to the Apple QuickTime download, the download is for QuickTime 7.6.9.http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

So, please detail where this January 31st latest update for QuickTime is coming from.

Thanks.

ATR

• 22. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Just updated to 7.6.9 too (from 7.5.5), and all file dates are 11/29/2010.

Hunt

• 23. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                  GloMacD Level 1

So glad I found this post, I've been having the same problem, though I'm on a Mac. I got the Elements download a couple of months ago and when trying to export to .mov, the dialog box is totally blank, except for a small caution triangle, with not even an explanation of what the trouble is. I too have the latest version of Quicktime as well as Quicktime 7 Pro, also the latest version.

I thought maybe the problem was a corruption with my system, and I had been meaning to upgrade my hard drive anyway, so I put in a whole new drive, installed Snow Leopard from scratch, installed all my other programs as well as Premiere Elements 9 from scratch and still have the same issue.

One thing I find strange, at least I think it's strange, is that Premiere takes over 5 minutes to load upon opening the program. I've had Adobe software for years, including the CS4 suite with Photoshop extended, and I've never seen a software program take that long to load.

I did call Adobe Tech Support and was on the phone with them for almost 4 hours and they had no clue as to what was going on and how to fix it. I finally had to go and couldn't get a resolution to the problem.

I am very frustrated by this issue. I normally use Final Cut Express but as that hasn't been upgraded in a couple of years, I was hoping Premiere Elements would be a nice replacement, but not being able to export to .mov is unacceptable, especially for a program made for the Mac.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas as to what the trouble may be and how to fix it. I know it's not a terribly expensive program, but still, if you spend $100 on something, you expect it to work in every capacity!

Thank you in advance for any help!

• 24. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

After all the times..."Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed?", how come you are only now updating your version of QuickTime. Is it not a requirement for both Premiere Elements and your main video editor, Premiere Pro? Just a bit of trivia...when you set up MPEG Streamclip, you can set it up with MPEG Streamclip + QuickTime Alternative 1.81 which has the required MPEG2 Playback Component, but you have to uninstall the regular QuickTime to get it to work OR MPEG Streamclip + your regular QuickTime and you buy the required MPEG2 Playback Component from Apple. When I was trying to decide which way to go on this, I discovered that my Premiere Elements (I believe it was Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 at the time) worked just as well with QuickTime Alternative 1.81 as the latest version of the regular QuickTime.

ATR

I still would like to know who SG knows to get a version of QuickTime later than 7.6.9.

• 25. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                      nealeh Level 5

7.6.9 has only just been added to the combined QuickTime/iTunes download. For a while the Apple download page offered "QuickTime 7.6.9" or "iTunes with QuickTime 7.6.8" (the iTunes version in that download was 10.1.1). The current download is "iTunes with QuickTime 7.6.9" (the iTunes version is 10.1.2).

Cheers,
                                                      --
                                                      Neale
                                                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 26. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                        pastamovies Level 1

G26,

4 hours on the phone with adobe? You have my condolences. Man that really stinks, all that and no results? Ridiculous! I’ve been at this Premiere Elements problem for way to long. I’m officially giving up. I’m moving onto “CyberLink PowerDirector 9”, will see how that goes.
                                                        http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html

Personally I think Adobe is linking all their software too tightly together and in this case relying too much on apple products. I am starting to get disenchanted with Adobe. I have the sneaky suspicion that the Premier "Organizer" has something to do with this and the pesky “Dynamic Link Manager” error that pops being part of organizer trying to link together with all the other adobe products and every media file in my computer. Not necessary, should just be a standalone product. Oh well, enough ranting and raving.

I have been very happy with Adobe Products over the years but quite disappointed with this and time to move on…

Good luck on this quest if you choose to stay with it.

Peace!   Tony

• 27. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Neale

Strange.  Last time I looked I had the latest versions of iTune and QuickTime, and QuickTime was version 7.6.9. Typically I download them together. I will double check.

Do you think that SG was referring to the same explanation that you are offering?

ATR

• 28. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                            rodmartel Level 1

Hi,

I am having the same problem. The error message is:

apple quicktime cannot be initialized

please download and run the latest installer from the following location :

http//:apple. com/quicktime/installer

When prompted by the installed, choose the recommended option

After installing Quicktime, relaunch Adobe Elements Organizer an update thumbnails to see thumbnails of your quictime files

Rod

• 29. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

My hesitancy is based on, yet again, several versions of QT, that did not play well with Adobe products. So long as everything was working on my machine, I was happy to keep the existing versions of programs, and also drivers. However, should something cease to work fine, then I have the list of "To Do's" in my mind - update QT, update audio and video drivers. It is when others are having issues, the recommendations come out, and in most cases, they solve the issues.

For me, the 7.5.5 QT had been the "last known good" version, and I kept it for the longest time. In that process, I missed three 7.6.x versions, that did not work with my Adobe apps. It was not until enough people had posted good results with the most recent version, that I went to it. My poor iTunes was getting very tired of offering to update, and I refused, for over a year. I am almost surprised that it did not just give up, assuming that I would never go with the newer versions. Now, I just have to look at my OS, and probably clean up all the File Associations, that QT loves to seize.

No, if one is having no problems, then I do not issue the blanket suggestion to update QT, or even the audio and video drivers. So long as things work, and continue to do so, I believe in letting things continue, as they are.

Personally, I have not had the need for MPEGStreamclip, though I have it around in my Downloads\Video Utilities folder. Many love that utility, and do have need for it. I have not tried the QT Alternative, because I have been fortunate to find several versions of QT Player, that do work with Adobe. Going back, it was 7.3.5, and I skipped all the ill-fated 7.4.x versions. Then, I went to 7.5.5, and there I stayed, until just the other night. If 7.6.9 has some surprises for me (have not encountered them YET), I still have both 7.3.5 and 7.5.5 waiting in the wings. BTW - the workstation is still on 7.5.5, and will stay there, until I have had plenty of time to explore how everything Adobe works with 7.6.9.

Now, as for Steve, I wonder if he just mis-typed, or got confused, since Apple has different numbering conventions for QT Player on the Mac? That, or it's so cold in Milwaukee, that his hands were shaking, and his frozen fingers just hit the wrong keys... happens to me, down on the patio at this time of the year.

How is QT 7.6.9 working for you? Anything that I should be aware of?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 30. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                                except for a small caution triangle, with not even an explanation of what the trouble is.

Normally, one can click (maybe it's a Dbl-click?) on the triangle, and a dialog screen will pop up, with some details on what the warning is. Have you tried that?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 31. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

My iTunes is now 10.1.2.xxxxxx, and QT is 7.6.9, after my update the other evening. So far, no issues discovered, but I am still in "check it out" mode, and have my trusty 7.5.5 waiting, just in case.

Also, IIRC, QT Player for the Mac is up into the 10.x.x range (probably closer to the version numbers for iTunes?), so there could well be confusion there too.It's sort of like people buying PrE 4 and PSE 5, or whatever it was, and being confused. As of PrE/PSE 7.0, much of that confusion should be a thing of the past, or at least I hope so.

Good luck, and if 7.6.9 fritzes anything up, with any of my Adobe products, I'll report it.

Hunt

• 32. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                    GloMacD Level 1

Hi Tony,

thanks for your support. I must be insane, but I'm going to try the customer service route again. I just refuse to pay for a product and have it not work especially after all the money I've given Adobe through the years. This is ridiculous.

I don't need this software for my work, so it's not essential, but I won't let them get away with poor product! Hopefully there will be a resolution.

Adobe seems to be getting more and more bloated and more and more complex, and what we really need is competition. There are some software applications our there that are getting close to Photoshop, but sadly nothing in the Illustrator category, and even Quark is not what it once was. So we're all bound by their monopoly.

I'll keep you all posted!

Glo

• 33. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                      GloMacD Level 1

Hi Hunt,

yep, tried single, double, multiple, right, left and sideways clicking. NOTHING! Just a blank area with a little yellow triangle and no other clues.

I'm not a newbie by any means, and have dealt with many software issues over the years, and this is by far the worst and most frustrating, especially since Adobe has no answer to it! At this point I just want my money back!

Still holding out hope for a resolution!

-Glo

• 34. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

I also agree with the generalized philosophy of not messing with a good thing, but, when it comes to QuickTime updates, updating to latest version has proven the answer to many and varied Premiere Elements issues. And, I have not been convinced that rolling back a particular QuickTime version was really the answer to those reports seen online. BUT, that statement is the fuel to start a fire another time.

I am still laughing at your frozen typing fingers comments. Those snow ice storms have been terrible this year (we are now recovering from the last one here in the NorthEast USA). So I hope SG is OK in the wild midWest USA. When was he heard from last?

Back on topic...although Tony and others have decided to leave Premiere Elements 9 Mac for alternative video editor, I will continue to work on this issue in spite of the fact that I do not have a Mac computer. I am sure that Adobe will address this matter as soon as possible. I have no insider information on that, but they have

a. released the Updates for Premiere Elements 9 PC and Mac

b. posted downloadable MPEG2 presets that were missing from the Share section of a few users, not the majority

to name a few.

I feel confident that the multi hour sessions between Tony and others with Adobe will accelerate the process of Adobe determining the cause or causes of these problems that are happening to Tony and some others but not all. That "not all" part needs focus.

To be continued....

ATR

• 35. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

G26

From all reports, Adobe has typically honored a 30 day money back guarantee for this product. Again, I do not have any insider information, but I suspect that getting your money back should not be an issue.

But, to make things go smoother (less potential complications), it might be a good idea to make this decision within the 30 days of purchase.

Whatever your decision, I wish you success with your selected video editor and the projects that are on hold because of this current situation.

ATR

• 36. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                            rodmartel Level 1

I am not a complainer, but I have to admit how difficult it is to make this program work the way I need it to. After all I am just a typical user who wants to store and play his movies and photos.

Rod

• 37. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                              pastamovies Level 1

Glo,

You are a true warrior man! Do let me know if you make any progress on this. Definitely is a frustrating error. I can usually work my way out of any computer/software problem thrown at me but this one is a doozy!

Peace!  Tony

• 38. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                                nealeh Level 5

I was just speculating as to what may have happened. It doesn't help that Adobe invariably have several different download pages. I've know of at least three:

• A QuickTime download page
                                                                                • An iTunes download page (offers choice of 32-bit or 64-bit)
                                                                                • A QuickTime download page offering just QuickTime, or iTunes with QuickTime.

Cheers,
                                                                                --
                                                                                Neale
                                                                                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 39. Re: Premier Element 9 cannot find quicktime components
                                                                                  GloMacD Level 1

Well, everyone, I have an "answer"...

After over 2 grueling hours with Adobe Tech Support (and I must say, they do patiently try to help!) we seem to have narrowed it down to some invisible files that are apparently floating around my system, somehow connected to Premiere Elements 9 OR CS5. Now, I do not currently have CS5, still working on CS4, but I did stupidly download and try the demo.

After attempting an upgrade of everything that could possibly be the culprit, he apparently spoke with someone on his end that mentioned another user with the same problem, only on Premiere Pro! The way they finally got it to work is by me creating a new user account. Once I logged in with the new account and opened PRE9, it worked perfectly!

Now, I would say YIPEE, except that they have no way of knowing what files are the culprits, and now real way of deleting them, so their solution is that I can just switch to the new account when I want to work in PRE9. I pointed out how ludicrous that is, but his answer was basically "Well we did get it working and that's all I can do. Case closed".

He did have me download a CS5 "cleaner" from the Adobe site in hopes that it would maybe take care of the files that cause the conflict, but that didn't work a bit. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling PRE9, and still no quicktime export option.

So, I'm putting this to bed FOR TONIGHT, because I've now spent almost 4 hours on this today alone. But, I will continue to beat Adobe up about this until I get a resolution. It's evident from what we came up with that the problem is with something that got in the system from their software, and I'm not about to migrate all my files and information from one user account to another for the sake of one program that doesn't work.

Hopefully at some point I will be able to share more promising news, and welcome any solution from others with this problem.

For now, where's the Vodka?!

-Glo

1 2 Previous Next