• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do the glossary tab and browse sequences of my CHM not show up outside of Robohelp?

Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Robohelp 8.02.208 running on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. It has only been a few weeks since I moved from XP, but I don't know if this is connected to my issue of having a grayed out glossary tab and no browse sequences listed in my generated CHM.

I had encountered a very simialr issue a couple or year ago, and thus I have verified in the registry that HHActiveX.dll is registered and properly located on my machine. All seems fine for that, but there is different twist: when I generate the CHM from Roboehlp and then click "View Result" everything works wonderfully. The problem is that as soon as I close that CHM, the browse sequences and glossary disappear. That is, I generate abc.CHM to C:\folderA and although everything is in place when I click View Result in Robohelp, if I later go to C:\folderA and open the same file, it has a grayed out glossary tab and missing browse sequences. And, not surprisingly I guess, if I send the CHM to someone else they get the same glossary-&-broswe-sequence-free result.

I have looked over many forum disucssions on grayed out glossary tabs and missing browse sequences, but nothing seems to explain my particular issue. It leaves me scratching my head quite a bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Likely you need the 64 bit version of the HHActiveX.dll. I believe this is only available in RoboHelp HTML version 9.

If you have version 9 I received this from a Question I asked of Adobe:

...you can get the 64 bit version of HHActiveX.dll in  RoboHelp 9.0. It is kept at "<RoboHelp 9.0 install  folder>\Redist\x64\HHActiveX.dll"

If RoboHelp 9.0 is  installed on your machine, this activeX control is already registered.  Otherwise you need to register this DLL.

To register HHActiveX.dll,

1> Run Command prompt(cmd.exe) as administrator

2> Type "regsvr32 <HHActiveX.dll full path>" and press Enter.

3> This should show that the registration is done successfully.

Now working with 64 bit version of HH.exe should also show Glossary and Browse Sequences.

You might download version 9 and test.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, your answer makes a lot of sense, but I haven't tried it out yet because I am not really in a position to be downloading a new version of Robohelp (company policy of installing trials...etc etc). However, would there be somewhere that this version of the DLL could be reliably downloaded? Or is this, perhaps, a little Adobe trick to get me to upgrade

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to let you know that I got an answer from Adobe support and it was the same as yours, just a bit slower.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp