• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is After Effects not rendering my work?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finished my project. It was a gun muzzle test. Very simple only 11 seconds long and not that complex. So after I was finished I clicked "add to render queue" which it did. Now after a put all my settings I hit render and it does its thing. I watch it and the effect is not in there and it is going really slow and skiping.  My question is why it won't render the effect and I want it and normal speed so what would I change or do to get that normal speed? I went on youtube for how to render in after effects and did what the videos said theres ended up fine and mine is still crap. So some help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to diagnose the problem if you don't provide some specifics.

What are your hardware specs?  What OS? What is the codec of the source footage used? What are your composition settings? What are your render and output settings?

Have you read the Help Files on Rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows dell computer.  The comp settings are default exept the length of the video and I change the height and width.  I'm trying to render a quick time movie and all the lossless settings and basic are default exept I changed the frps to 29.97 because that is the speed of the video and enabled audio. Other then that I left everything pretty much the same. It does render the video just not at the right speed and without the effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jcp1996 wrote:

I'm using windows dell computer.  The comp settings are default exept the length of the video and I change the height and width.  I'm trying to render a quick time movie and all the lossless settings and basic are default exept I changed the frps to 29.97 because that is the speed of the video and enabled audio. Other then that I left everything pretty much the same. It does render the video just not at the right speed and without the effects.

Notice everybody has asked for specifics, but you haven't provided any.  Unless you can take the time to provide very specific information about your project and its contents, and the hardware you're using, offers of help will simply be stabs in the dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you rendering the correct composition ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only made one comp for the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you rendering with OpenGL? If so, don't.

Also, you need to tell us more about what formats and codecs you're using for source files, what your output settings are, and which version of After Effects you're using.

Have you installed the recent updates? What operating system? What other software are you running? Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? Tell us about your computer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jcp1996 wrote:

...I watch it and the effect is not in there and it is going really slow and skiping.  My question is why it won't render the effect and I want it and normal speed so what would I change or do to get that normal speed?

Since you don't even breathe a word about the version of AE you have nor the footage within the comp, I'm going to use some advice for those people who DON'T have AE 10 (aka CS5).  I used it so much on the Creative COW before AE 10, it was my most common post:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, AVCHD, mp4, mts, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information.  However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information.  Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

I'm a Mac guy, so I like to convert to Quicktime movies in the Animation or PNG codecs; both are lossless.  I'll use Apple's Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder or Quicktime Pro to do it.

jcp1996 wrote:

...I went on youtube for how to render in after effects and did what the videos said theres ended up fine and mine is still crap...

Oh, for cryin' out loud!  You're really joking with us, aren't you?  You don't actually trust that garbage, do you?  If you do, boy, you're gullible!

Who are you going to believe, some junior high school kid on YouTube who probably knows just enough about AE to do a couple of tricks, or are you going to believe people from Adobe who actually put the software together?  If you have to think about the answer, we have to wonder about you.

So why don't you go here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.html

And report back in when you've gotten through everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dave_LaRonde
Old post dug up from the dead!  I understand your reaction to this type of request for help. It sure can be frustrating. However, since this reply was posted, the search engine algorithm gods have been anything but kind.
I was looking for the same type of information and your post here was the first available USEFUL explanation that came up.
So thanks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines