Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does auto update work in AIR 2.5?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are about to deploy Adobe AIR Runtime 2.5 in our organization.

To do this we use the following command line

AdobeAIRInstaller.exe -silent -eulaAccepted

This works great. But I am not sure how to disable the automatic updates.

When reading the Adobe AIR configuration guide, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/admin/WS485a42d56cd1964167ea49bd124ef17d52a-7ff5.html it says I should create the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\AIR\UpdateDisabled and set it to 1.

But when I run the AIR SettingsManager application after I set this registry key it says that automatic updates are enabled.

And if I choose to disable automatic updates from the tool it creates the file %APPDATA%\Adobe\AIR\updateDisabled.

How can I make sure that automatic updates are disabled for all users on all the computers we deploy Adobe AIR Runtime 2.5 to?

Since we are doing an enterprise deployment it is not really an option to ask each and every user to run AIR SettingsManager every time they logon to a new computer

Regards Erik

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Hi Erik,

Setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\AIR\UpdateDisabled to 1 will disable runtime updates for ALL users.  Adding the file %APPDATA%\Adobe\AIR\updateDisabled will disable updates on a PER user basis.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik,

Setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\AIR\UpdateDisabled to 1 will disable runtime updates for ALL users.  Adding the file %APPDATA%\Adobe\AIR\updateDisabled will disable updates on a PER user basis.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Chris!

Made my day a lot easier

// Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines