• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Not Opening in Safari

Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8.0.2.208

I've created WebHelp and it works fine in IE.

This is the path of the start page:

C:\Program Files\My Company\Application Manager\Documentation\My Help.htm

To test using different browsers we paste the above path into the Address field of the browser. this works fine for IE but not for Safari. We just a message saying "file not found"

Any ideas?

TIA

Jac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it appears that it is on 2008 R2. We've had nothing but trouble with the

operatng system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2008 R2?

You should never create projects or store any of your own files within Program Files. The folder is for programs to be installed into.

On Vista and Windows 7 the operating system restricts what can be done in those folders and that can cause problems.

Move your project outside that folder and try again.

Also note that RoboHelp only supports Safari on a MAC, although it should at least open.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misled you....

When the customer installs our software it is installed in Program Files. Therefore the WebHelp we produce is also installed to program files.

My project files are on the C:\ on my computer.

Jac

PS: Didn't know it was only on a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WebHelp is designed to be run from a webserver, not from the local drive. You will find that Adobe install two copies of the sample projects. One in My RoboHelp Projects and one in Program Files as a backup. If you try working on the ones in Program Files you will find problems.

Your developers will understand the permissions issues with stuff in Program Files.

I suggest running tests with the help in a folder off the C drive but outside Program Files and help on a webserver. Compare the results with what you are getting now.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp