Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request / Bug - showing properties, events, styles [content assist]

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When one does cntrl-space with content assist, a list of properties, events, styles, etc comes up, listed in alphabetical order.  This list often has 50 - 100 items or more (as an example, mx:Accordian has about 200), and listing them in alphabetical order is very little help -- i.e. too many things, for the names to really make sense /  to find things by name.  It would be very helpful if:

1) by selecting an option, one could change this list to be sorted by the type of thing, e.g. perhaps first properties, then events, styles, etc.  Perhaps within each of those "sub-lists", the items would be sorted alphabetically.

2) by selecting a another option, the list would be sorted by what is supplied by the component and the subclass components.  This would enable one to much nore quickly learn which classes are supplying what capabiliites.  One could of course provide two different "sub-sorts" for each component -- i.e. either alphabetically or by type of item (e.g. event, style, etc).

I hope this makes sense.  It would be very helpful as the API / SDK is quite large.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that the MXML editor allows you to hit ctrl/space several times, and it cycles through sub-lists then (properties, functions, styles etc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Tom, I was not aware of that.  That is very helpful. Thank you for you response.

Perhaps Adobe will still address item 2 above.

Additionally, when I scroll through some of the properties -- e.g. doing content assist on a Label, and I go to the color style, and many styles after that, e.g. digitCase, digitWidth, direction -- they have no description.   Do you know why these are lacking?   Something like chromeColor is documented, but then color, at least in my IDE, is not.  I can't imagine this is intentional?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have some descriptions? Lucky you

I am using SDK 3.5, and there's no ASdoc whatsoever. Sounds crazy, but its true. I did post a forum thread about it a long time ago, and had something to do with the way the SDK was built I believe.

By now my general impression is that when you come from the Java world, you are too spoiled to enjoy Flex development!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tom, thanks for your response.  It does seem like the later FB and Flex versions are as rich or richer than Java/IDEs with having so much documentation "in IDE".

Thanks again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines