Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

create a textarea/2 lines textfield to populate it

Former Community Member

Hi all.  I'm using livecycle es2 to create a form and itext to populate it. It work well but now I have a problem. I need a textfield or a textarea that can contain at least two lines. I tried using a textfield (I didn't found textarea in the menu..) and the option "allow multiple lines" and the text populating the fieldset fills the lines. In this case the caption is centered respect the two lines. The problem is that if the text fills only one line It is displayed over the caption and it is not aligned with it. How can i fix this? Thank you in advance. P.S.  I can post an image if it is useful

8 Replies

Level 4

Hi!

I believe you can use the following tag "\n" on your script.

Level 3

Attach a screenshot if problem is still not fixed.

Level 3

Well it just works fine for me. Can you upload your sample pdf?

Former Community Member

yes I know that it works fine but it is pretty awful to see. Maybe I have been not clear.
In the second-last example showed in my screenshot there is a "2 line textfield" in wich text only fills only one line(and not two..)
Is it possible to align caption with the text in this case?

Former Community Member

well, I have destroyed it However my target is to populate a form and print it..

Level 3

On my end it is not showing as it is visible in your screenshot.

Former Community Member

thank you for reply

Maybe the problem is how I put data in textfield with itext..I don't know, can you send me your example? Otherwise can you tell me how you create a multiple lines textfield?