Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recorded Software Simulation-Comes out strange in preview and published format

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends!

I have just uploaded my captivate files to the following sitehttp://www.blcstudents.com.au/tutorials/learn.html

I was creating some projects and the first project called 1demo, works, both as an SWF and as a normal cptx(version 5).

It can be view and run correctly.

The other demo files I did after that do not work, and if you view the result called swf 2demo, and 3 demo as swf files, on the webpage above, you will see my problem. I inlcuded the cptx files  so you can download what i have done and see the result.

As single slides, or 5 slides at a time they play fine, hwoever when I publish them as a project they go strange.  I do not have any unusual settings, just the default ones  set. screen size of 1024 by 768.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Cheers all,

Benny.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have some ActionScript2 elements included in your Captivate project.

Remove all items that were created in earlier versions of Captivate that may be AS2 and republish.

One thing to check is that your playback bars are definitely AS3 as well.

I'm hoping that you don't intend keeping the colour scheme you currently have for your menu page as the links are almost impossible to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created this in Captivate 5, but I have CS3 Flash on the computer.

I do not know where it would put in the action script 2 tags in, where do you mean exactly?

I put it on my home computer where I have noth CS5 and captivate 5 and when I published it, it still had the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every Flash SWF gets published for a particular Flash Player version (8,9,10 etc) and an ActionScript version (2, or 3).

So if your Flash file was created with CS3 there is a very good chance that it was published for ActionScript 2 and that is what is fouling up your Captivate movie.

Try removing these Flash files from the content and republishing to test whether this is causing the issue.

If you still get the issue when there are NO SWFs included that were not created with Captivate 5, then you need to look at other elements that might also be AS2.  For example, your SKIN and Playback bar are also actually SWFs.  If the Skin and bar originated from an earlier version of Captivate that was published for AS2 then they may need to be removed and replaced with one of the skins and bars that came with Cp5.

Preloaders are also SWFs.  Remove the current preloaders as well.

I've never seen this particular issue occur UNLESS there was some AS2 element fouling up the project.  Find and remove that element or elements and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Thanks mate.

No this was only linked up for the sake of this forum.  The webpage is not really meant to be linked yet, as this is a very early design, and the linking colours are just the default link colours, and yes they look awefull, but i just handcoded the general layout so have not polished it up as yet properly.. lol

Ok, just for the record and for others reading this...

The project was created with Captivate 5, so I assumed it was automatically all fine.

I have cs3 Flash on this original machine, i did not thing that would affect the publishing.

All I did was straight software simulation recording with voice, and then I published it as a webpage so it could be viewed.

Anyway I will go check my settings, im not sure how to take anything out of it because it was only a screen recording, so it was all put in as I recorded it.

Thanks for your help, will investigate this further and get back a reply,

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found your issue.

When I looked through the slides in your second cptx file I noticed some text captions with weird symbols that look like this:

TextBox.png

I have no idea how these got into your project but since these are the default captions that Captivate throws in as it captures I can only assume that there is something in the naming language used for the web elements you were capturing that is unintelligible to Captivate.

When I deleted out all of these captions, the project published and ran fine.

So now I HAVE seen this weird issue occur due to something other than and AS2 incompatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod.

Well I did what you mentioned, I took out the strange boxes in the captions, I deleted the captions completly that had that strange formating.

I saved the project, and republished it, but still I had the same strange swooshing noise.

I tried it on a machine with cs5 and had the same thing from that file.

My only thoughts is that I will have to re-record those slides.

I had another question, can I record just the audio, while playing the slides?

Or if not, then I guess I could run them as a swf, and just record in soundbooth while the SWF of the presentation is playing, and end up with a big mp3, or multiple mp3's as needed for each presentation.. What do you think of that idea?

Cheers for all your input,

Ben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually deleting out all of the FMR slides was something I also did.  But since the project still evidenced the same behaviour after that and until I removed the captions with the strange characters I thought it must have been the captions that were causing it.

If you recorded all of this in Captivate 5 I cannot see how the FMR captures would be anything other than AS3.

There must be something weird happening when you record this particular web app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CAN just record the audio voiceover while playing the slides.  Captivate allows you to move markers around to alter the timing of the project audio to better coincide with each slide.

I personally prefer to record audio on a per slide basis because I write the voiceover script beforehand.  But others prefer just to narrate as they go.

Ideally you should try to avoid having the audio in the movie as one big MP3 because you want the movie to begin playback as soon as possible.  Having the audio broken up into a lot of smaller MP3s attached to each slide gives you more options when it comes to streaming and buffering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not take notice of this message earlier, as it  did not show up every time and I just thought it was because I had to many windows open.

The error says "No sufficient memory resources to preview the file. Externalise the Adobe Captivate resources int he sWF and try again"..

So I followed what it said, and I did externalise all my resources. I have like 134 slides, I took out speech fromt he start so re-recorded and its just the clicking of frames that is being saved.

When I copied out about 30 slides, it did same error.  When I externalised those slides it worked.

So I wonder if this is just a computer performance problem? I have a very average computer, pro 3 years old that im working on with XP. perhaps I should only use win 7 64 bit etc etc?

Trying to see how many more slides I can re-build before it does the same thing again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Externalizing your resources could help you out of the issue. Please take a look at : http://forums.adobe.com/message/3455819#3455819 which explains how to not run to Memory issues while working with Captivate. Please let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,

Sushma                       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources