• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 7 Runtime Error

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users is getting a continual Runtime Error 2147467259 (80004005) when attempting to use Presenter 7.0.5 with PowerPoint 2007 under Windows 7 (with all the latest critical patches). Uninstalling Presenter (and Acrobat Pro Extended) completely and reinstalling does not fix the problem. The same presentation opens on a Windows XP system with PowerPoint 2007 and Presenter 7.05 without problems.

Similar problems posted in the forums and elsewhere seem to have no solid resolution.

Anyone have a fix, or at least suggestions?

EDIT: Additional information: we completely removed Acrobat Pro 9 Extended and Presenter and installed Acrobat X and Presenter and it does exactly the same thing. Is Presenter just not compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Sawyer

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue today - just out of the blue!  Did you receive any responses about your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None whatsoever. Either very few people are having this issue or many people are but no one has any idea how to fix it. We've basically concluded that Presenter 7 just isn't properly compatible with Windows 7 and are instructing our users who depend on Presenter to downgrade to Windows XP or look for another solution other than Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue off and on.  Sometimes it just goes away, and sometimes it doesn't.  It prevents me from publishing or using any other Presenter functionality.  I have a hard time believing that no one else has this problem!  Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this issue, so far, and am running Win 7 64-bit with Office 2007.

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had any problem running Presenter on Windows 7.  I see you tried reinstalling Acrobat and Presenter but did you try uninstalling Powerpoint and then reinstalling? I suspect one of the Microsoft plug-in libraries is corrupt and causing the problem. I've seen problems like this corrected by re-installing Powerpoint.

Reminder: Adobe Presenter can only be installed with Powerpoint 2010 32-bit only.  It can be installed in Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit. Remember....32 bit office only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all 32-bit systems, and with one it was on an new installation of Office. But that doesn't mean that reinstalling PowerPoint might not help. We'll give that a try and see if it cures the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have gotten this error too - running Windows 7, Office 2010 (all installed by my IT department, I have no access to those installers).  New install of Presenter 7.07 after uninstalling previous versions.  Still happening.

Try this, as it SEEMS to have worked for me:

File > Options > Trust Center > ActiveX Settings

Select "Enable all controls without restrictions and without prompting..."

12-2-2011 2-14-31 PM.png

So far, working for me... I'll try to come back to this thread and update you if that changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources