Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error With New SDK With Setting WebcamSubscriber.webcamPublisher

Level 1

I'm getting this error when setting the WebcamSubscriber.webcamPublisher in the flashOnly swc (happens in all versions):

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
    at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamSubscriber/computeArea_Rows()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/SDKApp/payload/libs/flashOnly/player10/src/com/adobe/rtc/collaboration/WebcamSubscriber.as:1128]
    at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamSubscriber/layoutCameraStreams()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/SDKApp/payload/libs/flashOnly/player10/src/com/adobe/rtc/collaboration/WebcamSubscriber.as:1175]
    at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamSubscriber/updateSubscribersDisplay()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/SDKApp/payload/libs/flashOnly/player10/src/com/adobe/rtc/collaboration/WebcamSubscriber.as:1422]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at com.adobe.rtc.util::Invalidator/onInvalidationComplete()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/SDKApp/payload/libs/flashOnly/player10/src/com/adobe/rtc/util/Invalidator.as:78]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

In the meantime, is there anywhere I can download the last SDK?

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Is this with the latest SDK that we released yesterday?

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Employee

Hi,

Can you share your code. I tried the FlashWebCamExample in the sample Apps, and nothing seems to be broken. Was your code ok with the previous SDK?

Thanks

Arun

Level 1

Got it: apparently you need to tell the WebcamSubscriber to subscribe before setting the publisher.  You guys should have the class throw a relevant Error so users don't get confused.  Here's the code I used to find it:

Employee

Hi l4nc3r,

Thanks for reporting the issue. It would be fixed by next release.

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

I still see this error but only on Safari browser.

The workaround works fine for me but I have a question. If I call .subscribe() on my local subscriber am I still getting the cam feed locally if I set the .publisherIDs array to only have my own Id? Previously I wasn't calling subscribe() and I just want to make sure that I am not going out to the server to get my own feed if I call this method.

Thanks,

Barry

Level 3

Confirming that this is now fixed with Safari in the newly released 10.3 library. Was still seeing the problem only with Safari in the beta 10.3 swc release, but the issue is now completely fixed.