• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window Positioning

Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I need to be able to specify the help window either as a percentage of the screen size or, failing all else, specify it under programmatic control. This is necessary as clearly entering absolute values (via the Window dialogue form in Robohelp) will result in silly sizes for either high or low resolution monitors depending on the values entered.

There must surely be a way to say I want the window to be x% by y% - this seems the only sensible metric to use to ensure compatibility across monitors.

Any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Iain.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iain,

There's not really anything you can do on the CHM side about this because, when specifying the dimensions and position of the help window, you are permitted to enter pixel values only. This is a limitation of Microsoft's design of HTML Help.

When calling the CHM from an application, you can use Windows API calls to adjust the size of the help window. (For example, I think this is essentially what Microsoft does with the online help for the Office applications.) The following page provides some sketchy information, but I think you'd probably need to hunt around the MSDN site for the full details:

http://helpware.net/FAR/far_faq.htm#control

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - looks like the programmatic route then.

Can anyone help with the following :

How do I call a DLL from within the CHM file ?
How (or can I) do it at startup - that is, before the window becomes visible ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2006 Jul 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As I understand it you need to use the.dll from the calling application. There are security issues with calling .dll's fro a .chm rthat make it unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp