Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashHelp_Pro Output in Mozilla FireFox face problems

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have prepared a Flash Help using the 'Slate-Vertical' skin. When I generate the output in Interner Explorer, it works fine. But when I try to open in FireFox, it shows a the following message saying to change the Global settings. I have added the location of the Flash Help but still it shows the same error and open with only the body page, the top page which has content, search, index, and glossary pane are missing.

What should I do to correct this.

Mozilla Flashplayer.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

See if Snippet 106 on my site helps.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if Snippet 106 on my site helps.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks, it works fine. But when I search by entreing the key work using the Search option, it lists topics of the key word but when I click the topic, the page is not displayed. But it works fine with IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first post suggested the help didn't even open. Are you saying that you have followed the steps in Rick's demo and now it opens but with a problem when you search?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I have followed the Rick demo and everything works fine except the Search option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work with FlashHelp or WebHelp Pro so I cannot help you on that. I suggest using one of the supplied sample projects and generating from there. That will at least tell you whether it is a general problem with your setup or a project specific problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

I suppose the larger question here is to ask if you are also using the RoboHelp Server component? If not, there is no need for the "Pro" output and it may well explain why things are wonky.

We see more than a few folks that choose the "Pro" outputs in the misguided belief that they offer something more or better than the basic WebHelp or FlashHelp outputs offer. But the fact is, they are simply outputs that have been specifically coded to work with the additional and separately installed and managed RoboHelp Server component.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks Captiv8. I understand now about 'PRO' helps. Now I have generated a Flash Help, it works fine with IE and FireFox, but in Google Chrome it displays a balnk page.

What should I do to correct this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Local files of Webhelp or FlashHelp cannot be viewed in Chrome due to handling of security issues through Google Chrome. The FlashHelp pro or WebHelp pro will be shown correctly when viewed in Google Chrome through help hosted on Server.

If you want to view local FlashHelp in Google Chrome you may follow the steps as below after closing all instances of Google Chrome:

1. Go to Command line through Start->Run->cmd

2. Go to the install path of Google Chrome on your machine. In general it is the local user application path like C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

3. For going to the install path you may type cd C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\ on the command line window

4. Now launch Google Chrome by typing chrome.exe --allow-file-access-from-files

5. Type the address of the help in the browser window and you should be able to see the local help

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp