• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you re-authorize your computer - different Adobe ID?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to re-authorize.

I have a nook. I set up an Adobe ID, then downloaded ADE and set it up with my adobe ID.

I go to google's e bookstore, download free books, transfer to nook, no prob.

THEN I BUY a book from google's e-bookstore and it will not transfer to nook.

The only thing I can figure is that my google account is set up under a different email address so I go back to adobe, change my ID, uninstall ADE / restart computer / install ADE again, and it still says my computer is authorized to the old ID.

How do you change this?    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can de-authorize your computer by opening Adobe Digital Editions and pressing crtrl-shift-d. You should then be able to re-authorize with your new ID.

One other thing to try is to de-authorize your Nook first (open ADE, press ctrl-shift-e), deauthorize the computer, then reauthorize the computer, then reauthorize the Nook. I have gotten some feedback from some friends that when they authorized their device before they authorized their computer that they sometimes had problems, so make sure you re-authorize your computer first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem was that I got a book from google and my google account is under

one email address and my adobe ID was another. I finally got it straightened

out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines