• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robodemo5 - Please Help

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old program called Robodemo5 made by Micromedia, which was later taken over by Adobe.  Recently I tried to move it to the new laptop but needed help to activate.  Adobe support wasn't much help.  First they sent me the link to RoboHelp X5 activation, but it didn't work.  And later they told me that this program is too old and they don't support it.

Does anybody have a RoboHelp X5 for download or have any suggestion on how to activate Robohelp5?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Andre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andre and welcome to our community.

RoboDemo and RoboHelp are two different applications. RoboDemo became Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

So any suggestions on how to handle this?  What are those links at the bottom of your email?

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andre

We need to clarify exactly what you hope to achieve. Your subject line speaks of RoboDemo. That product is ancient as is RoboHelp X5.

What is your current operating system? Windows 7? If it is, is it 64 bit or 32? You may not be able to use either product on Windows 7. At least not natively. On my blog I've posted a workaround but it only applies to specific versions of Windows 7.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks again for your reply.  My objective is very simple. For years I've been using Robodemo5 to create training modules by recording my presentations in real time, adding some animation, narration, etc and saving them in executable files for the people to view (play, stop, rewind, and so on).  Now once my company moved to new laptops, I'd like to continue doing that, preferably not spending any extra money.  I have Latitude E5410 - i5 processors, but still using XP operating system, which makes it 32-bit (although I believe i5 is capable of 64-bit functionality).

To make a long story longer, I'm looking for the similar capability as I had in Robodemo.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andre

Tough call on that. Definitely you don't need RoboHelp. So let's just drop all mention of that. Which means this post is now incorrectly placed in the RoboHelp support forum. But I also work with Captivate and am a moderator for the Captivate forum.

I fear the only real "solution", if you will, is going to come down to acquiring a newer version of the application or maybe acquiring a totally different application for your needs. And that means upgrading to Captivate 5. The shift from RoboDemo to Captivate was a dramatic shift. So is the shift from Captivate 4 to Captivate 5. But coming from RoboDemo, you will only have to experience a single shift.

I'll be very surprised if Adobe is able to offer any means of activating RoboDemo. That was originally an eHelp product, then Macromedia purchased eHelp, then Adobe purchased Macromedia and promptly announced Captivate 1 and left RoboDemo in the dust.

Wish I could wave a magickal wand and fix things. Sorry, but all I'm able to do is offer some truth.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp