• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Menu option "Build project" is disabled

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have "Build automatically" disabled due to the poor compiling performance of FB (my project has hundreds of classes), and have instead attached a key binding to "Build project" to trigger a build manually.

Unfortunately this option is very often not available, although I have made changes in the project (and saved them).

Yet right-clicking the project, and selecting "Build project" does a build then.

Obviously there is a bug detecting when a build is required or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knock knock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Build project is disabled if you have no project selected in the package explorer/navigator.

Unfortunately, the logic for detecting the project associated with what objecthas focus is not implemented well in Eclipse (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=201650)

That means that if you go to Problems view or switch between editors in a certain way, Build Project gets disabled.

The short of it, it is an Eclipse bug and has been fixed for 3.6 (which is what the next version of Builder ships with).

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines