• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External JavaScript Sheet

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been adding a little JavaScript to my WebHelp pages for quite some time to make them a bit more user friendly. In the interest of easier maintenance, smaller files and speed, I thought it would be best to shift this repeatedly used code to a separate page and just link it. Apparently RoboHelp doesn't naturally like this sort of finesse. After banging my head against the wall, it occurred to me that the compiled project wasn't seeing something. Sure enough, RoboHelp is not smart enough to put the required .js file into your SSL folder. Once you put it in there. it seems to work fine. I haven't yet published it out, so I don't know if it will put it out there as well,. but one would hope so. Anyway due diligence is required to making sure you include the latest copy of the js file with your project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mballai

This would be where you need to insert the file into the Baggage files list. This list is present so you can inform RoboHelp of all the files that it didn't create and manage. This way you can ensure it is among the needed files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to add that I have an article that discusses Baggage folders and files.

Click here to read the article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a baggage file in my WebHelp project at least not the same as in the article. Is there a different name it might be under?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Baggage files and folders are found in the Project Explorer pane. Are you using RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project tab of the RH left navigation pane, right click "Baggage Files," select "New Baggage Files," and pick the file. If it's not in your project folder, RH will graciously import it for you.

If, as occasionally happens, RH cannot either add or delete files from the folder, you can manually edit the rhbag.apj file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found the rhbag file when I looked at the project in Total Commander. I edited it in NoteTab Light. This looks like something the Adobe folks will need to fix when they revise X5. I guess if you are determined to add a file, you should expect to roll up your sleeves and do the same to another one! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp