• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to solve "Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties".

Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Throwing "Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties" this error continously when I run a particular SWF in Flash player (FlashLite). The code in this fla file is in AS3. Please help the to diagonise the cause of this error and how to solve the same. After getting this error the animations are not working .

Thanks

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This most probably means that you declared a variable but did not instantiate it or did not assigned value to it and then try to refer to a property of this variable.

In any case, this kind of questions should be accompanied by code and full error stack text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would assume this could be that you are utilizing a method that is native to AS3, but not necessarly available to Flash Lite.

I recommend downloading the Community Help Air app.  http://www.adobe.com/community/publishing/download.html  top left blue box, and then check to see if you are trying to use a feature that is only available to as3 language.

There are toggles that you can turn on and off for FlashLite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines