• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about robohelp

Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need answers to these questions about Robohelp:

1) Can it work with a book (multiple files) something like single source approach,

2) TOC builds automatically

3) Correct work with Cyrillic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

pos_cs wrote:

I need answers to these questions about Robohelp:

I'll take a stab at a couple and fire one back at you.

1) Can it work with a book (multiple files) something like single source approach,

I'm not sure what you are asking here. RoboHelp certainly offers what is called "single sourcing", but that actual definition varies a bit. Your mention of a "book" seems to make me think that maybe you are a Frame user?

2) TOC builds automatically

RoboHelp does offer a facility that allows you to instruct it to build a TOC automatically. But there is nothing inside it that says to always automatically build a TOC with no interaction on your part.

3) Correct work with Cyrillic

Versions 8 and 9 offer more languages. I don't work with Cyrillic, so cannot say for certain. My advice would be to download the application and try it to see. There is no cost other than your time and we will be here to assist you wil using the product.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for quick reply! Sorry for bad english!

When i said about "Can it work with a book (multiple files) something like single source approach" ,  i mean Is your software able to add several Microsoft Word documents into one project at the same time and create a help file  for each one of the documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Hmmm, that's odd, I didn't think your English was bad at all!

Note that I'm just a RoboHelp user, enthusiast, certified expert and certified instructor. I don't work for Adobe.

Indeed, if you like you may use Microsoft Word documents as part of your source. The product is very flexible and allows you to connect it to Word in different ways. For example, you may choose to simply import from Word. At that point it will create individual topics for each Heading 1 (or whatever Heading you tell it to) and from there forward, you abandon Word and only edit using RoboHelp.

Or you may choose to link to one or more Word documents. Then make edits only to the Word documents and have them reflected in your RoboHelp project. There are two ways of using this linked approach.

Or, if you wish to use Word as your authoring tool, there are actually two different RoboHelp products. RoboHelp for Word (where Word is your authoring environment) and RoboHelp HTML. What I have described before this paragraph is RoboHelp HTML.

Hope this helps more than it confuses... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you , i will try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp