Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automated Build / Source Control Problem

Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to automate the build of of a Flash Builder 4 application based on the following: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSbde04e3d3e6474c4-59108b2e1215eb9d5e4-8000.html

This works fine when I have a workspace which contains my target project and I have used the workspace in Adobe Flash Build 4 Premium. However, when we check the source out of source control platform, it doesn't work.

I have also noticed that when we open the checked out workspace in Flash Builder 4 it doesn't automatically import the project - which I susspect may be the cause of the problem.

The files I have in source control are:

\Flex (workspace root)

\Flex\FlexViewer (flex project)

\Flex\FlexViewer\.actionScriptProperties

\Flex\FlexViewer\.flexProperties

\Flex\FlexViewer\.fxpProperties

\Flex\FlexViewer\.project

\Flex\FlexViewer\.settings (and sub files)

\Flex\FlexViewer\html-templates (and sub files)

\Flex\FlexViewer\libs (and sub files)

\Flex\FlexViewer\src (and sub files)

I've been advised not to add the .metadata folders into source control.

So which files should I include so that my workspace recognises the FlexViewer project?

Thanks

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is a limitation in our command line build system. There's no easy way short of writing an Eclipse plugin that specifically adds a new task which imports a project (I know someone who did this, but hasn't released his work).

For now, you need a workspace which has the project imported. You can replace all of the files you mentioned from source control, but don't re-create the workspace. (and yes, don't check in .metadata unless you know what those files do)

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines