• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 6, crash system after insert new topic

Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have a problem with Robohelp 6. when i try to insert a new topic in one exsisting project, created with the same program, the system crash, so it's not possible to add new topic.

Someone have ever had that kind of problem or know the reason?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your RoboHelp project located. If on a network drive, move it to a local drive and try again. You should never work on a RoboHelp project whilst it is on a network unless you want all sorts of problems like this to occur. By all means backup to a network but that's it.

If the problem still persists, try closing the project and deleting the <projectname>.cpd file in Windows Explorer (where <projectname> is the name of the project). When you reopen the project, this file is rebuilt.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is located in a local drice (C:).

I try to delete that file (projectname.cpd) when the project is closed but the problem is not solved.

When Robohelp crash i have this error window " RoboHelp explorer can't complete this action because robohelp is working or has a dialog box open. Please switch to robohelp, close any open dialogs and try again"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a New Topic window opened, or Robohelp crashes before the New Topic window gets opened ?

Regards,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, try insterting a New Topic in a blank Project.

Regards,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i get a new topic in a new project or in some other old projects i don't have any problem.

In this project that give me problem, writed with the same program one year ago, when i get new topic and i write the topic title, robohelp crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, create a new project in Robohelp, and import all the topics from your old project to the new project.

You can follow these steps:

1. Create a new project from Robohelp.

2. Right click on Project Files folder in PROJECT MANAGER WINDOW.

3. Click on import.

4. Browse to the location of your saved old project.

5. Select the topics that you want to import.

I hope this may resolve your issue.

Will wait for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karansibal,

I follow your step, but i dont' solve the problem. Same error like before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp