• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disconnecting closed captioning with Text to Speech

Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.

I'm using Captivate 5 for a project, and have a question about closed captioning.  I can turn on the closed captioning with no problem, but some of my company's product names have to be spelled phonetically for the voices (Paul and Kate) to pronounce them correctly.

Is there a way I can edit the closed captioning so that the words are spelled correctly, but without changing the audio text?

Any information is appreciated.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Hi there,

Welcome to Adobe Captivate forums,

Yes, This is possible by defining custom pronunciations for words which need a change in phonetics. This can be done by defining these pronunications in the "User Dictionary" and the steps are illustrated in this blog post : http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/07/text-to-speech_-_user_dictiona.html

The post refers to Captivate 4 but the info is valid for Captivate 5 as well and you need not perform step 5 mentioned in the above blog.

Try it out and let

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to Adobe Captivate forums,

Yes, This is possible by defining custom pronunciations for words which need a change in phonetics. This can be done by defining these pronunications in the "User Dictionary" and the steps are illustrated in this blog post : http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/07/text-to-speech_-_user_dictiona.html

The post refers to Captivate 4 but the info is valid for Captivate 5 as well and you need not perform step 5 mentioned in the above blog.

Try it out and let us know if this is what you wanted.

Ashwin Bharghav B

Adobe Captivate Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you want is for the TTS voices to spell out the words but for the CC text to contain the words as they would normally appear on a page you can just have a duplicate line where ever such a word would appear in your Slide Notes.  There are tick boxes on each slide note line for TTS or CC.  If the CC text is exactly like the TTS voice then just tick both boxes.  Where you need the TTS voice to spell out the word one letter at a time, copy the text from the line, and have one version in TTS and the other as it needs to be in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks to you both!  I actually used both of your answers in my final solution, modifying the CC text for the previously created projects, but updating the pronunciation for future projects.

I really appreciate your help!

-WolfpackMatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources