Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem generating Printed Documentation from SSL with RH9

Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project developed in RH9, information is organized in TOC books and TOC Pages at different levels, to generate Printed documentation from Single Source Layout, generate me a Visual Basic error "error '5' at runtime has occurred: Invalid procedure call or argument". I'm not using VB, for what I do not know why send this error.

I´m using a trial version of RH9, Windows 7, office 2007, Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9 and Adobe Reader X Spanish

Someone I can guide to solve the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although old, this post looks to be relevant. Click here.

First check that your macro has been set to Low in Word. Then try one of the sample projects to see if you get the same error.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

The macro had been set to Low in Word, and using the sample project "salesbuilder", if I generate a Word file through SSL I don't have problems, but if I generate a PDF file send me the error youn can see below this line...

Saving 'Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.doc'...
Generating 'Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.pdf'...
Failed the generate PDF file 'C:\Users\Marielos Velazquez\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Adobe RoboHelp 9\Samples\Salesbuilder\SalesbuilderProject\!SSL!\Printed_Documentation\Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.pdf'...
Failed to save 'Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.doc'...
Cleaning up temporary files...

Internal error encountered,  Failed to generate Printed Documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a cut-and-paste from RoboHelp, or did you type the message by hand? Is there really a space between "tio" and "n" in the path 'C:\Users\Marielos Velazquez\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Adobe  RoboHelp  9\Samples\Salesbuilder\SalesbuilderProject\!SSL!\Printed_Documentatio  n\Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.pdf'? Does the path exist, or are you expecting RoboHelp to create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was a copy-paste from the "Output View" window, and there is not an space between "tio" and "n" in the path... maybe it was a problem when I made de copy-past and I didn't notice, I'll send the path again:

Failed the generate PDF file 'C:\Users\Marielos Velazquez\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Adobe RoboHelp 9\Samples\Salesbuilder\SalesbuilderProject\!SSL!\Printed_Documentation\Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.pdf'...

And the path already exists....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

about the post you sugested, I check it, and I didn't find usefull, I don't have problems with word, and I checked the directory sugested on it, and it's empty....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the problem where RoboHelp will create the printed document and then you can create the PDF from Word, but do it direct and things fall apart.

So if you use a sample project you can generate a printed output but not in your own project. In the last page of the wizard, what template are you using?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the sample project:

when I generate the printed documentation, there are 2 checkbox in the first page of the wizard where you can select the output format: PDF or WORD or both.

when I select just WORD there are no problems to generate the file.

when I select just PDF there are the problem I mentioned a few coments before.....

Saving 'Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.doc'...
Generating 'Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.pdf'...
Failed to save 'Salesbuilder_Printed_Manual.doc'...
Cleaning up temporary files...

Internal error encountered,  Failed to generate Printed Documentation.

I'm using Microsoft Word Template : Style Mapping - Salesbuilder - Help.dot

Using My Project:

I have the VB error.....

TKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to know what template you are using in your project where you have the VB error.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Word Template: Style Mapping.dot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd. Try creating a brand new project with one topic and nothing imported. In the last page of the print wizard, select Style Mapping.

If that generates OK, copy that template to your problem project and see if that then works.

If not, try not using a Word template and selecting a CSS. I know that will not be the appearance you want. We'll deal with that when we have got things working.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp