Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem creating PDF for Review with RH9

Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project developed in RH9, information is organized in TOC books and TOC Pages at different levels, to generate the PDF for Review does not respect the TOC organization, does not include books and all pages appear at the same level. 

I´m using a trial version of RH9, Windows 7, office 2007, Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9 and Adobe Reader X Spanish

Someone I can guide to solve the problem?

Tks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2011 Feb 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your post at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/790443?tstart=0 you say cannot generate, here you say what the problems are.

I have temporarily locked the other thread pending clarification.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2011 Feb 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I have both problems: the http://forums.adobe.com/message/3464287#3464287 and the http://forums.adobe.com/message/3464961#3464961 , but I don't know if they are for the same reason or if one follows the other.

The problem is that I don't find the way to solve them.

What I want is to generate a pdf file which can review but where the information is organized according to the TOC.

I have problem with Both options: by "creating PDF for review" in the menu "review" doesn´t respect the order of the TOC and by "Printed Documentation" in the SSL sends me an error.

I'll appreciate of you can help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the other thread as saying you cannot generate a printed document because you get a VB error message. If that is the case, then you cannot also post about the problem with the PDF because there wouldn't be one. That is what I need you to clarify.

Does the print layout show the TOC structure that you want? Please post a screenshot of that page of the wizard.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When we generate a pdf file for review the  information is not organized according to the TOC. When we generate PDF  for review the topics in the PDF are arranged in the same order as in  the Project Manager.

The PDF generated through printed documentation cannot be used for review workflow.

Regards,

Mona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh! Thanks Mona, now I follow, I was missing this is a Review PDF. My error as the title is clear enough. Blame Adobe for keeping me out late Friday night.

OK, Mona has dealt with the problem in this thread and I have unlocked the other thread so that hopefully we can resolve that one.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I hadn´t send the screen shot because I couldn´t do it this way, I'm going to tray again, I hope it works this time......

maybe there is problem with the size, because when I tray to load as a picture, the software send me that there is a problem.....

I reduce the size but the image is ilegible, so I send the original images to your mail (robohelp@grainge.org) through CuteSendIt....

there is located on http://www.cutesendit.com/70058c5e416d64a460bed2471ccbc241/

In "Error 1" you can see the diferences between the structure on the TOC and the structure in the screen when tray to create PDF for review. This way I don't have an error messages, when the creating finish I can see a file with the structure with only one level as the window of create PDF for review.

I have intalled Adobe Reader X (10.0.1) spanish, Adobe PDF creation Add-on 9, PDF Creator, Microsoft save as PDF or XPS add-i for 2007 Microsoft Office Programs, CutePDF writer 2.7

In "Error 2" you can see the VB Error I already mencioned. I have installed:

MS Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0 - ENU

MS Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0 Language Pack - ESN

MS Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0 Runtime

MS Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0 Runtime Language Pack - ESN

TKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Error 1 problem covered in this thread has been answered by Mona.

Anyone who can help with the Error 2 problem go to that thread. Link above.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter and Mona,

Thanks both of you for your help, I already solve this problem.....

See you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp