• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to clear the Index ?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2006 Jul 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to clear out the Index and generate it again? I used the Smart Index Wizard and generated over 7,000 entries. I started deleting numbers and then words beginning with A...and two hours later I was just getting to the B's. Is there a method of deleting index entries all at once - instead of individually? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 04, 2006 Jul 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Avon_01

There are basically two ways you can approach it.

1. Simply select the first term in the Index designer, then press and hold the Delete key until they all disappear.

2. You can close the project, then look behind the scenes in your project location for a file named identically as your project, but bearing the extension of .HHK. You can then edit this file to remove most of the content. Thinking about it, you may want to create a totally new project in a temporary location, then copy the .HHK from the new project to the existing one. Just make sure you use the same file name for the .HHK file.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp