• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word import - hyperlinks work in one document, not in another

Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am aware that much has been written about broken links after importing, but there is a strange pattern to my problem I have not seen before.

I have three language versions of one document (English, French, German). So I set up three independent RoboHelp 8 projects and imported (linked) the corresponding Word documents. English and German are no problem, but in the French project, some (10%) cross-refs are not converted to hyperlinks. The involved titles have no accents, so it is probably not a character set problem. If I update the Word link or force update, it is always exactly the same cross-refs that are not converted correctly.

The cross-refs in Word look like this:

{HYPERLINK \I " title "}

The cross-refs that do convert correctly have the same format, I see no difference between cross-references that work in RH and those that don't.

Any ideas about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a space after "title" but in the quotes? Same in good and bad?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, but it does not seem to affect the function. There are working links with spaces at the end.

On the other hand, there are strange things like this:

I have two chapter titles named "Système de désignation des modules de fonction" and"Système de désignation des connexions".

When I create hyperlinks, then Word inserts these fields:
{HYPERLINK \l " Système de désignation"}
{HYPERLINK \l " Système de désignation "}

-> The titles are cut off in the middle, the text markers differ only by an extra space. These hyperlinks work in Word, but not in RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond checking all the language settings in the project, which you have probably done many times, I don't know what else to suggest. If you want to send me a short document that will create the problem, I will happily import it and see what happens.

I believe in the languages there is French and Canadian French. Could that be relevant?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

many thanks for your efforts, I will send you a short part of the document (one page) that reproduces the problem.

The project language originally was Swiss German, but changing to French did not help regrettably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Last status: Peter could reproduce the problem (thanks for the efforts!), but found no solution either. I filed a bug report to Adobe and asked weather I could send them the sample project, but received no response at all. I guess this is the end of the line then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp