• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Export Release Build" does nothing in Burrito

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error when trying to export a release build of a library project:  Unhandled event loop exception

1. Is it necessary to do a release build to get rid of debug data maximize performance, minimize size of the SWC?
  2. If this is a bug, should I use Apache Maven or some such system for release builds in the meantime?
  3. Is there some work-around?  I saw this was a problem is Flash Builder 4 and 4.0.1 too based on forum posts but never experienced it.

Here is the complete log:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.ExportImportPlugin.getExportReleaseBuildUIManager(ExportImportPlugin.java:154)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard.getUIManager(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:108)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.getPageContent(ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.java:249)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.createControl(ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.java:176)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:170)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard.createPageControls(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:414)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:734)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:606)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction$1.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:93)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:103)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

Session Data
eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- It is a good practice to use a release-quality version (non-debug SWF file or AIR file) of your application using the Export Release.

- You can choose to do a command line build using the steps mentioned here http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSbde04e3d3e6474c4-59108b2e1215eb9d5e4-8000.html

- Is it possible for you to share your project so that we can try to reproduce the problem at our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could create a sample project, but then I noticed that *any* "Flex Library Project" that I try to use "Export Relase Build" with causes the error.  as3-commons, other 3rd-party libraries for which source is available, and libraries I create also.

Create a library (created with New->Flex Library Project) with no source files.  This throws the error "Unhandled event loop exception" when I click "Export Relase Build..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines