• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my computer freeze when I try and print a pdf?

Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer with Windows 7 64 bit. It seemed that suddenly i developed this problem when trying to print a pdf file with Adobe X. Everything would look like it was going fine, but when the print download screen popped up, it would not download the pdf file and my computer froze. I have to manually shut down my computer to unfreeze it. I have tried to print using an earlier version of Adobe (Adobe 9), tried a different printer, tried printing as an image, or print as a file. Nothing works. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem after upgrading to Windows 7. The problem seemed to be that there was a dialog box that opened

that was not visible on the screen and it was blocking the print completion. Try this. Open the Adobe PDF Printing Preferences and clear the field "Rely on system fonts only, do not use document fonts." When I did that it solved my problem.

The unseen dialog box seems to be the fault of Windows 7, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. I do have one question though. I am not able to find the Adobe printing preferences in the print or print setup selection under file, in a pdf document. Is it located somewhere else?

Thanks,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sradant

What are you trying to print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key may be "64-bit." My understanding is that AA X is still a 32-bit application and you have to use it in the 32-bit mode. You might search the forum for more info as that is where I saw the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

64 bit OS is supported by Acrobat X, so that should not be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines