• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Fields Undefined - Intermittent

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a problems with form fields being reported as 'undefined'. This doesn't happen consistently. Most of the time the forms work fine but once in a while my users get this error. This is happening on multiple forms and can be different form fields that cause the error. I'm aware of using cfparam to catch those form fields that need it so that's not the problem.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it *all* the form fields, or just some of them?

If it's all of them, could it be similar to what I was experiencing when I raised this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623826.

If it's just some of the form fields, it's not something like you having false expectations of how checkbox values are passed (ie: they're not, if the checkbox is unchecked)?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Thanks for responding. It's not all the fields and they are not checkbox fields (I know how to handle that). Also, they are not always the same fields.

If it fails and I get an error message, I can usually resubmit the form and it will work the second time. Sometimes it take two or three times but eventually it will work.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Thanks for responding. It's not all the fields and they are not checkbox fields (I know how to handle that). Also, they are not always the same fields.

If it fails and I get an error message I can usually resubmit the form and it will work the second time. Sometimes it take two or three times but eventually it will work.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

If it fails and I get an error message I can usually resubmit the form and it will work the second time. Sometimes it take two or three times but eventually it will work.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are the one submitting it, turn on de-bugging.  See if you have a form scope at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan,

I will try and do that but the problem is that I can't generate the error consistently. If  it doesn't have a form scope at all then what would you look for given that is does work most of the time? Likewise, if only the one field is not in the form scope what would you look for then?

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my answer to the first question, read the thread Adam provided the link to.

For the 2nd question, if the missing field was not a radio button or checkbox, I'd be amazed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On 2nd thought, if some form fields were there and others were not, I'd look for conditional logic problems on both the form and action pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation