• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library book won't download into Adobe!!!

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nook color and work with windows vista.  I have gone through and authorized the Adobe Digital Editions and it worked just fine for the first couple of books and then it just stopped.  When I click to download a PDF or EPUB book from my library it opens the Adobe like it's going to load and then nothing happens.  I have tried un-installing the program and re-installing with no success.  I'm at a loss at this point and the library has given me no answers as to the problem.  Any ideas anyone?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download books from my local library a window pops up that asks if I want to open the document with ADE or save it to my computer. If this is the case with the program your library uses, you could try saving it to your computer, then right clicking on the file and manually choosing "open with ADE". It's worth a shot anyway! I have also read on these forums that many people have a hard time uninstalling ADE completely. You might want to search around to see what the advice is on completely removing the program before trying to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One note to add here....

If you open the document with ADE, you have the option of saving it when

it's open, and ADE has all the information about it, plus the file path

where it will be located. That may save some work later. I downloaded a

book into ADE, but it came up in the 'Reading' pane, and I was not able to

save it to the Library. It's still out there somewhere, but it does not

appear in ADE.

============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines