Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Non-Scrolling Region in RH HTML

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 8 for HTML.

In RH Word I could set a non-scrolling region in my individual topics. Is there a way to do that in HTMLHelp?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed there is a way, but it's convoluted and requires some jumping through CSS hoops to accomplish.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick:

I clicked all the links included in your message, but unfortunately was still not able to find an answer to my question. Sorry to bug you, but are there some other links I should be using?

Thank you for your time - I appreciate any help I can get!!

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tina

Sorry, but those are simply standard links in my signature line.

What my reply was meant to convey was that making this work in RoboHelp HTML is going to be a bit of a daunting task for most folks. So the question to ask you here is how serious are you about making it work? Assuming you really Really REALLY absolutely MUST make it work, you will need to step beyond the cozy confines of what RoboHelp intuitively offers, roll up your sleeves and begin hand coding CSS and HTML. And don't be surprised to discover that even that may not be enough as RoboHelp will often helpfully undo what you did.

If that's really what you want to do, I'll post back with a link to a site that tells you how to accomplish it. (I'd post it now but it always requires me to dig endlessly to locate it. So I wanna be sure you really need to tackle it first.)

You might click that link in my sig to the Wish Form and submit a Feature Request to see Adobe build this NSR ability into RoboHelp HTML. Who knows, if they see enough folks asking for it, maybe we will see it someday.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick:

Oh, sorry about that misunderstanding...thanks for clearing up my confusion. Before you go digging endlessly for the link, let me run this past the powers that be and let them decide...

(This was so easy to accomplish in RH for Word. If management thinks this is a show-stopper, I might recommend a return to RH for Word...)

Thanks again for your time and quick response!

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tina

For what it's worth, one really should only consider using RoboHelp for Word for authoring WinHelp content. The Non-Scrolling Region was a WinHelp feature. I do fondly remember it and was quite addicted to it myself in the day and I recall that being a major sore spot when I moved from RoboHelp for Word to RoboHelp HTML.

But please note that unless you are also going to continue producing WinHelp from RoboHelp for Word, you will not get a Non-Scrolling Region in any other output. My guess is that you are using RoboHelp HTML because you are creating a different output type than WinHelp. Perhaps WebHelp, FlashHelp or AIR Help. And even if you author in RoboHelp for Word, you will not have the NSR in those HTML based outputs. To my knowledge there is no conversion routine that seamlessly makes it available.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp