Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Specifying Application version in WSDL definition

Level 2

Hi, 

Livecycle ES 2 SP2

WorkBench 9.5

In the WSDL definition, is it possible to refer to a service of a specific application version?

Currently we are able to specific the service's version and livecycle's version, but there is no mention of the use of application version.

http://<your_serverhost>:<your_port>/soap/services/<application_name>/[<folderA>/.../<folderZ>/<service_name>?wsdl[&version=<version>][&async=true|false][&lc_version=<lc_version>]

Thanks

5 Replies

Level 10

The [&version=] parameter refers to the version of the application.

I just created a test process and looked at the wsdl, the version was 1.0.I then created a new version of the application and the version parameter was bumped to 2.0.

Jasmin

Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

I retested the different scenarios, it seems to be working for the Application that was increased in the Major Version but not for Application that was only increased in the Minor Version. The WSDL will always belongs to the oldest version of the deployed Application of the same Major Version No.

App/1.0 (Not Deploy)

App/1.1 (Deploy)

App/1.2 (Deploy)

App/2.0 (Deploy)

...?wsdl&version=1.0

WSDL belongs to App/1.1

...?wsdl&version=1.1

WSDL belongs to App/1.1

...?wsdl&version=1.2

WSDL belongs to App/1.1

...?wsdl&version=2.0

WSDL belongs to App/2.0

...?wsdl

WSDL belongs to App/2.0

Level 5

He Ryan,

I think I'm facing the same issue. So it doesn't matter how many minor versions you have, it will always call the oldest one.

Anybody else can confirm this?

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Diego,

Yup, till now still encounting this issue. I believe even in LiveCycle ES (v8.2) you will also faced the same issue.

If this is a big issue to you, you can try creating your new application by increasing only the major version instead of minor version. You will be able to retrieve the correct WSDL if all your application version is only different in its major version numeber.

App/1.0 (Not Deploy)

App/2.0 (Deploy)

App/3.0 (Deploy)

App/4.0 (Deploy)

...?wsdl&version=3.0

WSDL belongs to App/3.0

Ryan

Level 5

Thanks Ryan!

I'll try this.

cheers.