• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting text inside a textarea

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2006 Jul 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a textarea with a scroll bar (for a news and updates section) on one of my topics.
Problem is, I cannot find how to format the text INSIDE the box at all.

I have tried using html tags around my text in the Truecode tab, but they dissapear and have no effect once I save and then view the topic.

Is there a way of somehow clicking into the text area in the WYSIWYG tab, and simply typing and formatting inside it??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2006 Jul 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steph,

Have you added a Text Box? for this purpose.
Would it be possible to use a table instead? you can format the borders of the table to make the text stick out and also format the text within the table. Just a thought.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to what Craig has offered, it is the phrase "Text area with a SCROLL BAR" is the bit that confused me. Are you referring to a multiline text box form element here? With "normal" text boxs you should be able to use the normal font formatting toolbar icons and you can't have scroll bars AFAIK. If so, select the entire text box and then you can format the text as required. Mind you any changes apply to the entire text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steph

In addition to what others have offered...

I suspect you are referring to a form element here. I've never found an intuitive way to format these beasties inside RoboHelp HTML. I mean, let's face it. RoboHelp HTML wasn't really designed with forms in mind, eh?

So do you have Microsoft FrontPage? If so, you can probably have good luck in accomplishing your goal by creating a text area in FrontPage, then formatting to your heart's desire. THEN look at the HTML and copy the code. IIRC, what happens is that you end up with lots of information in the actual textarea declaration tag. For example:

<textarea rows="2" name="S1" cols="20" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold">SomeValueHere</textarea>

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

Yes, it is the form < textarea > that I am using. I actually just coded it myself in the trucode tab, because I didn't realise you could actually insert one until I had a look and realised it was in there under "multi-line text box".

I tried putting a table inside the textarea tags, but when I saved it, it didn't show. I then looked back at the trucode, and the table element had been moved down and outside the textarea tags.

I will try the frontpage option, and then I will post and let you know if that works.

Thanks so much for your suggestions. At least now I know that I wasn't missing some simple way of formatting the text in the WYSIWYG section :)

Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp