• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspaces and most property windows do not appear

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Captivate 5 on Mac 10.6.4 but workspaces and most property windows do not appear.

With only the Skin Editor and the Branching View, I was able to successfully record a very simple software demo. After viewing some tutorials, I realized there is more to this product than I am seeing. Nothing appears when I attempt to choose a workspace, view the Film Strip window, etc. Help?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Hi Katherine,

It seems that the preferences of the Captivate got corrupted. Can you try deleting the preferences from the following location?

Location of Preferences : /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences

In this folder, a folder named Adobe Captivate 5 must be present. You can go ahead and delete it.

Try launching Captivate after deleting this folder. Hope it works!!

Regards

Chinmay Baid

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for help regarding this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Katherine,

Sorry, I did see your question but was at a loss and only working with a Win CP, that is why I never tried to answer. Could it be possible to insert a screenshot of your CP-screen (use the small camera icon in the toolbar, JPEG works fine)? I do not even know if you have a Window menu... as suggested here, or a button for workspaces. And I'm a little bit curious how your workspace is looking, how you did find the Skin editor and the Branching view? The last is normally part of a workspace Navigation, the first of the workspace Applying skin. Both panels are floating, are they perhaps covering up the rest of your screen?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try opening the panels from Window menu?

Regards

Chinmay Baid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached screenshots (4). I have opened a New Project

1. You can see I'm viewing the Classic workspace. Windows > workspace > classic

2. The only menu bars I can "see" is the Braching editor...

3. ... or Skin editor. Nothing else happens when I choose any other item under "Window"

4. See where the progress bar appears when I open an existing project? It's almost like the app thinks I have 2 monitors and all menu/toolbars are appearing on the second monitor.

5. Record new project appears centered on screen and works fine.

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.50.30 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.50.41 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.50.51 AM.pngScreen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.54.19 AM.pngScreen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.56.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached screenshots (4). I have opened a New Project

1. You can see I'm viewing the Classic workspace. Windows > workspace > classic

2. The only menu bars I can "see" is the Braching editor...

3. ... or Skin editor. Nothing else happens when I choose any other item under "Window"

4. See where the progress bar appears when I open an existing project? It's almost like the app thinks I have 2 monitors and all menu/toolbars are appearing on the second monitor.

5. Record new project appears centered on screen and works fine.

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.50.30 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.50.41 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.50.51 AM.pngScreen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.54.19 AM.pngScreen shot 2011-02-17 at 9.56.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your suggestion is also mine. I do not know anything about Mac, but in the Recording dialog box I see indeed a Monitor 1 mentioned, which seems to suggest that the workspace of Captivate is spread over 2 monitors. Is there a possibility to check your settings, but I cannot help you there at all; I really hope someone from the Adobe team pops in to have a look at your screenshots.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katherine,

It seems that the preferences of the Captivate got corrupted. Can you try deleting the preferences from the following location?

Location of Preferences : /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences

In this folder, a folder named Adobe Captivate 5 must be present. You can go ahead and delete it.

Try launching Captivate after deleting this folder. Hope it works!!

Regards

Chinmay Baid

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chinmay - you rock!

That did the trick. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Having the same issue but on Windows Vista with Captivate 6.  Do you know if it is the same solution?  Struggling to find a Preferences folder on Vista!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources