• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designer warnings in MXML codeview - preventing work - DesignAssetLoader.completetimeout

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of upgrading my project to Flex 4.1 from Flex 3.5. As part of this effort, I have downloaded the Burrito build. There is currently an error that is preventing me from working:

When I open an MXML file in code view (not attempting to use the designer), my "problems" window begins to fill up with warnings like the following:

Design mode could not load AlivePDF.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load AlivePDF.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load AutoComplete.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load AutoComplete.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load FlexSpy.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

Design mode could not load FlexSpy.swc. It may be incompatible with this SDK, or invalid. (DesignAssetLoader.CompleteTimeout)

I would be content to ignore these errors, however the warnings pane steals focus every time a new warning gets added! That means I cannot type in my MXML file until the warnings are finished, which usually takes about 30 seconds for _each_ MXML file. I have attempted to disable the Designer in every way I know how through the preferences. Here is a picture of my Design Mode preferences:

The only thing checked is "Always open MXML files in code editor". I hoped that having "automatically show design-related views" unchecked would prevent the designer from trying to do anything in the background, but alas...

I literally never use the designer, so I would be happy to disable it completely if it could get rid of these errors. Anything you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found the answer (to disabling the designer anyway): http://blog.flexicious.com/post/Flash-Builder-Burrito-Problems-View-Stealing-Focus.aspx

To quote from the post: "Although we were unable to find a way to resolve these errors, we could make them go away by disabling the design view altogether. You can do this by going into Window-> Enable Design View."

I just did this and the problem is now solved!

(However, I'm leaving this question open in case someone from Adobe knows how to solve this without having to disable the designer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These issues will be resolved in FB 4.5 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These issues *should* be resolved in Flash Builder 4.5, but they still seem to persist for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines