• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Equivalents of Flare's togglers and thumbnails in RoboHelp 8?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you go to this page:

http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare6/Content/Search/More_About_Search_Filter_Sets/Search_Filter_...

On Step 1 – Create And Insert a Concept, at the end of number 3. Select Tools>Concept>Concept Window or press SHIFT+F9 on your keyboard the Concept window pane opens, there is a toggle button with a right arrow. If you press this arrow, a thumbnail appears below. Then, if you hover the pointer over the thumbnail, you get the full size screenshot. Is there a way to do the same with RoboHelp?

If there is, I would appreciate any hints as to where I could find some sort of step by step explanation. I can't find it in RoboHelp 8's online help nor in the PDF. And if there are no such things, at least the keywords for the main functions of the procedure.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2011 Feb 14, 2011

Hi Daniel

I saw some other replies but when I actually logged in to post, they went missing.

Anyhoo, Colum advised on the Twisites issue. That's a small part of it. Willam advised on Walter Zorn's tooltip script at

http://gualtierozorni.altervista.org/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

Anyhoo, I'm posting to offer a more complete picture. The actual effect is called a DHTML Drop Down in RoboHelp. That's what the effect is in RoboHelp that allows clicking a link and revealing a hidden element just below where you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to read the Twisties page on Peter Grainge's site. Click here to do just that.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted the duplicate thread. You only need to ask once in the RoboHelp forums.

The stuff on my site will not give you previews by hovering but you will get something that should do the job. There are javascript methods you can find by Googling for what you do want but don't assume they will all work in RoboHelp. You will need to test them.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Twisties might not be what you are looking for. To create a mouseover effect, try Walter Zorn's tooltip script. The script and instructions on http://gualtierozorni.altervista.org/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel

I saw some other replies but when I actually logged in to post, they went missing.

Anyhoo, Colum advised on the Twisites issue. That's a small part of it. Willam advised on Walter Zorn's tooltip script at

http://gualtierozorni.altervista.org/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

Anyhoo, I'm posting to offer a more complete picture. The actual effect is called a DHTML Drop Down in RoboHelp. That's what the effect is in RoboHelp that allows clicking a link and revealing a hidden element just below where you clicked.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all of you for your helpful feedback.

I really appreciate it.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Captiv8r wrote:

Anyhoo, I'm posting to offer a more complete picture. The actual effect is called a DHTML Drop Down in RoboHelp. That's what the effect is in RoboHelp that allows clicking a link and revealing a hidden element just below where you clicked.

Cheers... Rick

Thank you. That's what I was actually looking for. I don't want to do any Java scripting.

But how does the DHTML drop-downs work? In the main menu, under DHTML, there is the Create DHTML drop-down and text command, but it is dimmed. Do I have to create something first? Is there a place where this function is explained in a procedural way? I can't find a step by step example in the online user guide.

Thanks and kind regards,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select some text or an image that will be the hotspot. Then the option will be enabled.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Don't worry anymore. I found the solution.

Thanks a lot again to all,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp