Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML FO

Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tackled transforming RoboHelp output into an xml-fo setup.

I am looking at producing pdf's using this new technology. I really appreciate the flexability it can give you, but I am wary how much work there may be with getting up and running.

I'd be interested in hearing about anyone attempting these sorts of single source transforms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006
From a review on a book on XSL-FO:

"One thing that worries me, not about the book but about XSL in general, is the author's statement that "no formatting engine has a complete implementation" of XSL. Maybe it's a bit too soon to be jumping on the XSL bandwagon if no one is supplying software or tools that work with the entire specification yet. A couple of other comments in the book also suggest that XSL isn't particularly mature just yet." (my italics)

Perhaps it would be best to continue us...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any takers on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a review on a book on XSL-FO:

"One thing that worries me, not about the book but about XSL in general, is the author's statement that "no formatting engine has a complete implementation" of XSL. Maybe it's a bit too soon to be jumping on the XSL bandwagon if no one is supplying software or tools that work with the entire specification yet. A couple of other comments in the book also suggest that XSL isn't particularly mature just yet." (my italics)

Perhaps it would be best to continue using the available PDF generators at this stage, hmm?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2006 Jul 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's certainly true that the tools are still at the hobiest stage. That said I think it is key that us tech authors grasp the nettle on some of these issues and get to grips with the more technical side of our role.

We need to be both contributing to and directing the development of the tools and our industry. Hence my blog, which aims to pull together some of the more techie guys and gals we have amoungst us and provide a easy to access discussion of technology and techniques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp