Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with DCD_FIBER_LOCATION error

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

While working with the new Flex, Flash Builder 4, I've encountered an error. After I defined a *.fxp file to import and press "Next", a DCD_FIBER_LOCATION-Message shows up an cancels the import. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Flex4Education

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

You will get this message, if you try to import a FB 4.0.1 project in FB 4.0 project, and this is not supported.

If this is not the case can you confirm what is the workflow that you are facing issues with (pls. mention the versions of FB as well) and also attach the fxp file.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get this message, if you try to import a FB 4.0.1 project in FB 4.0 project, and this is not supported.

If this is not the case can you confirm what is the workflow that you are facing issues with (pls. mention the versions of FB as well) and also attach the fxp file.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also trying to import my fxp file (from 4.0.0 to 4.0.0), and I'm not getting that error, but after I specify the file and hit Next, it tells me that I need to specify certain path variables. I normally see three of these (OUTPUT_FOLDER, PHP_FLEX_SERVER_ROOT, and PHP_WEB_URI) and can set these properly with no problems, but for some reason it is now asking me to specify DCD_FIBER_LOCATION and DCD_FIBER_LOCALE_LOCATION. I don't know what values to set for these variables. I would attach my fxp file, but I don't see any option to attach a file (maybe I'm just not cool enough). Thanks for your help!

-Travis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As previously mentioned, the DCD_FIBER_LOCATION error is caused the newly released update 4.0.1 of Flash Builder. You need to make sure, that you've installed this update on every computer you're using Flash Builder on, in order to ensure that every import/export works.

Regards
Flex4Education

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, I guess my previous installation was 4.0.1 when I exported the project. I guess that either the update was applied automatically or I simply don't remember applying the update. I installed the update and the project imported with no problems. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleasure!

F4E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have loaded a project into Flex Builder 4 Premium and when I try to do a clean build I get the message configuration variable 'compiler.library-path' value contains unknown token 'DCD_FIBER_LOCATION'

This project probably did come from a 4.1 environment but neither the developer or the machine are available.  I uninstalled FB4 and reinstalled it.  I have applied all updates (only the Adobe Player for Embedding 3.1 was available),  I didn't have SDK 4.1 so I downloaded it manually and updated my preferences to use the 4.1 as the default.  My About screen says Version 4.0 (build 272416).

What do I need to do to get a clean build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikef187

Are you sure you've installed sdk 4.1 the right way?

http://www.herongyang.com/Flash/Flex-SDK-Download-Install-Flex-SDK-4.html

F4E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F4E,

I think I installed it correctly.  Downloaded compressed file, unzipped and placed in a new folder under the exisitng sdks folder within the Flash Builder installed program folder.  Then went to preferences, added the new sdk using the browse option and selected it to be the default.  Then went into the project's properties and confirmed that it would now pick up the default sdk and it was identified as 4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your guess is right. If you are trying to use a project created with FB 4.0.1 in FB 4.0, you will be getting this error.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

A couple of things: I should have said I am on a PC and trying to use the standalone FB4 installed from a DVD.  The project I am importing did come from a Mac.

I have successfully gotteb a clean build but I'm not comfortable with the solution.  I went into the project properties and just removed the 3 swcs in the library path that referred to DCD_FIBER_LOCATION.  I can now get a clean compile but I won't be able to execute the code to confirm it is fixed until I find the associated server code I should be using (a different issue).

I agree that the issue is a 4.0.1 project being handled by a FB 4.0 release.  I think the real problem is why won't my FB4 standalone find the FB4 4.0.1 release and apply it.  If it had, it would have also applied SDK 4.1.  This is all happening with a FB4 version that my company purchased and I installed the way they perfer (i.e., standalone).  On one of my own PCs, I installed a different copy of FB4 as a plugin from DVD last March.  Last summer, that copy was able to find and apply the FB 4.0.1 upgrade.

So I think the real problem is: "why won't my standalone FB 4 installed from a DVD find the FB 4.0.1 upgrade?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you upgrade your FB 4 installed from a DVD to FB 4.0.1 then things would be easy

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  When I'm in FB 4, I select Help and then "Search For Flash Builder Updates...".  After 5 - 15 seconds, it comes back and tells me there are no updates to be applied.  What are you suggesting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to manually download and install the 4.0.1 update for FB.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flex/downloads_updaters.html

Anyways, just removing the swcs referring to DCD_FIBER_LOCATION in the library path of the project should resolve the issue.

In 4.0.1, some swcs were moved out of the required location and hence referred to explicitly using that DCD_FIBER_LOCATION variable.

But in 4.0, all required swcs exist in the same folder and hence no explicit reference is required.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a big project written in 4.5.1. When I started to connect it to database, found that this version of Flash Builder

cannot make any changes to MySql database. I have tried Flash Builder 4.0. My test project did all nessesary updates so i began convert my 4.5.1 project to 4.0. I changed SDK to 4.0 and removed all DataServices, so the project stay clear with only design and simple code. And the only one mistake is compiler.library-path brokes all of my work! Where I can find this file? I'll try delete it. Maybe system will recreate it with normal parameters? Maybe removing only this parameter will be just enough?

Where I can find this configuration parameter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

4.5.1 can make changes to the database, this page will help you to get that working http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flex/4.0/AccessingData/WSbde04e3d3e6474c4-56c6d6d11210238e6e8-8000.html#WSbde04e3d3e6474c4-2ced3c791210307ae27-8000

If you still want to get rid of the DCD_FIBER_LOCATION, you have to get rid of the DCD generated code and goto project properties, build path and remove the DCD_FIBER_LOCATION from the libs in that list.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines