3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 12:47 PM by enano2054

Computer crashing?

enano2054 Level 1

Is anybody else having problems with their computers crashing? My laptop started crashing after installing this software so I took it into the Geez Squad and they told me that the computer itself was fine, and that it was some program I had installed and that I would have to uninstall and reinstall little by little to find out what was causing the crashing. I just bought a new iMac and within a half hour after installing Audition, it crashed. So I think it's safe to say that it might be the program.

Is anybody else having this problem where you're doing any old thing but then the screen darkens and a message appears saying that the computer needs to be restarted?

• 1. Re: Computer crashing?
          Charles VW Adobe Employee

There's shouldn't be anything in Audition that can actually crash the entire operating system.   Usually only hardware devices can cause such problems because they can access the kernel at a lower level.

Do you have any crash reports that you could post?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Computer crashing?
            enano2054 Level 1

Thanks but I switched to Pro Tools 9 anyway

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:15:33 -0700

To: d.cast630@hotmail.com

Subject: Computer crashing?

There's shouldn't be anything in Audition that can actually crash the entire operating system.   Usually only hardware devices can cause such problems because they can access the kernel at a lower level.

>

• 3. Re: Computer crashing?
              enano2054 Level 1

I took my computer in twice and they said that the hardware was perfectly fine and that it was something with the software. They told me to start un installing and reinstalling some of the programs but a little at a time and it stopped crashing once audition was gone and started again when audition was put back on

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:15:33 -0700

To: d.cast630@hotmail.com

Subject: Computer crashing?

>