Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download purchased EBook using ADE

Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I purchased an EBook today off the internet and this Ebook required ADE . So I downloaded ADE and authorised my computer too after creating my Adobe ID (Which I have also used to log into this forum.

The problem is that though my payment has been processed and the sellers website leads me to a download page when I right click on DOWNLOAD it gives me the option to save the file on my computer. However when I save the file its not the Ebook that gets saved. Instead its a file named "URLLink" Type of file is "ADOBE CONTENT SERVER MESSAGE". When I right click on this file it gives me the option to OPEN WITH ADE. When I select this option I get the following error message:

Error getting license
Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_IO

I have not changed my CLOCK time. Also I have turned off my Firewall.

But still unable to download. The seller tells me that they may not refund my money since the problem is with my computer!

Any suggestions or ideas? Please help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

If you able to download content from the Adobe sample library, but not from the bookstore that you purchased then unfortunately your best bet will be to contact the bookstore (I say unfortunately, because although I hope I'm wrong, I sense the beginning of a run around for you).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried Jim Lester's suggestion of renaming the RESTORE FOLDER and then again tried opening the acsm file with ADE open. But no luck. It just created another RESTORE FOLDER!

I also tried deleting all history, cookies and temp files and rebooted my computer too.

Still getting the same error:

ERROR GETTING LICENSE

SERVER COMMUNICATION PROBLEM:E_ADEPT_IO

Please help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means that you are unable to contact the backend server for that powers the bookstore that you purchased from (URL is in the message).

This may result from

1.) Network problems

2.) Permissions problems (Application level firewals etc...)

3.) That server is down

An interesting thing to do is to try the URL in the browser.  If the browser is unable to get to the website at all that means the problem is either 1 or 3, and you should contact the bookseller for support.

If the browser can get to the URL, then try to download some of the content from the Adobe sample library (http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/library), and if you still get EXACTLY THE SAME error then contact Adobe support (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions - click on 'Submit a web case')

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response.

I tried the URL copying and it took me through to ADE but again I ended up with the same error message:

Error getting license
Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_IO

I downloaded Huckleburry Finn & Alice in Wonderland and these downloaded just fine.

I also tried downloading this particular purchased Ebook on my other laptop and I am getting the same error on that computer too. However, when I asked my friend to try on his computer it worked!!!

So I really dont know what is wrong. Could it be some Java issue? Hope you can help.

If not then I will try and create the web case as you suggested.

Thanks & best regards, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you able to download content from the Adobe sample library, but not from the bookstore that you purchased then unfortunately your best bet will be to contact the bookstore (I say unfortunately, because although I hope I'm wrong, I sense the beginning of a run around for you).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim,

I took your suggestion and went back to the seller. They have refunded my money. I will have to buy the paperback version now.

Thanks & best regards,

Sajjad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines