• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging a CF app to be installed on web page with javascript

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm not sure how to word it, but I was wondering if it was possible to make a coldfusion application installable on a webpage for say one of my clients using javascript?

I.e. I don't want to place the cf pages on their server or use iframes

I'm guessing I'd have to pass parameters back and forth between cfm and javascript, etc..

What should I be looking into?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think it was possible but, before saying it wasn't, I googled "javascript call coldfusion".  The first offering had a working example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We've just finished building an enterprise-scale application, based on your concept. We subdivided the application into client and server code.

We developed the client code(what the browser interacts with) entirely in Ext JS. This makes business calls to the server layer, which we developed in ColdFusion 8.0.1. (We had considered using JQuery as an alternative to Ext JS. The colleague responsible for the client code opted for Ext JS).

There is no direct interaction whatsoever between the browser and ColdFusion. When one clicks on a button in a page in the browser, for example, Ext JS code converts the event into an HTTP request to ColdFusion. ColdFusion sends the response, which usually contains data, back to the Ext JS layer. That in turn converts the response into yet another browser event, say, a display of the data.

The client and server communicate by means of JSON packets. In this way, if you replaced ColdFusion at the server end with any other technology that can convert the requests into JSON responses, for example, Java, no one would notice anything at the client end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation