Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp

HTML version 9.0.0.228

Windows XP Prof - SP3

Word 2007

RH9 seems to have a problem applying Conditional Build Tags to text that contains a Hyperlink. Upon upgrading a RH8 project to RH9 I have found that Conditional Text tags which were previously correct in a topic are now showing all over the place, against text that previously had no tag applied. Upon removing these unnecessary tags by using either the Design screen or manually correcting the HTML code the erroneous tags reappear either straight away or when the topic is re-opened. There appears to be no logic as to where these tags are being placed, if they reappear after being removed, they may not reappear in the same place but against some other piece of text.

After doing some testing this problem seems to happen when a Conditional Text tag is applied over a Hyperlink. In the corresponding HTML code a number of unnecessary <span></span> tags are also applied. In addition to my RH8 upgrade project I have also created a new RH9 project and the same thing is occuring.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

Can you recreate this in a small sample project that you could send me? See the Contact page on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem. I have tried the same things, including correcting them manually in the html code, and even creating a new project. Nothing seems to work. The tags are no longer limited to what I selected, but they run randomly over parts of or complete paragraphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is being investigated.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE ON CBT PROBLEM

The problem arises on switching from HTML View to Design View in a topic that has CBTs applied. You may not see it though until you next open the topic.

If you do see it on switching views, then close the topic without saving. That may avoid the problem but is not guaranteed.

Adobe are aware of the problem and are working on it urgently. A fix is currently being tested.

Meantime it is strongly recommended that ideally you do not work on the project. If you must, ensure you create backups at regular intervals throughout the day and DO NOT switch views.

If you have a backup, you could try working in Design View and if you need to work on the code, close the topic, then right click it and use Edit With > Notepad. You must then save and close the topic without switching to Design View or previewing. This has not been tested and is entirely at your own risk.

I will post back when I hear more from Adobe.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Peter. I will continue with RH8 until the problem is

resolved.

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followers of this thread should see the forum Announcement that links to Adobe's Technote where a fix can be downloaded.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.  I have loaded the fix and so far everyhting looks ok. I think it has done the job.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the fix as well and everything looks ok now. Thank you very much for your help and the quick solution.

Best regards.

Machteld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also starting to see this issue but in RoboHelp 8. As explained it appears in topics where a CBT is applied to a hyperlink. The only sure fire way I can solve this is to recreate the topic from scratch - when I spot it! Whilst the amended DLL is useful for those on RH9, users on RH8 are left with an unsatisfactory solution, particularly when you don't know there is a problem until you open the affected topic. Any pressure that can be applied to backdate the RH9 fix to RH8 would be appreciated.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum

Are you also using multi level lists in the topics affected?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing Build Tag errors in RoboHTML 8.0.2.208 and my multi level lists cause issues when I single source to Word. It is like RoboHTML is adding its own Style and will not let me associate the multi level list with my Word Template style. Guess I need to turn in another bug report. Kudos to Peter, Colum, RIck and all the other RoboHelp gurus out there!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this same problem in RoboHelp 8 . . . is there any plan to release a fix for version 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yet to see a patch released for anything other than the current version.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the link, I get an error message. Did the download get moved? Where can I get the download to fix this problem? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect it is because the download was built into the 901 update. If you have applied that update, you have the fix.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp