• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFormItem Not Visible in Safari on Windows, Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have flash forms that work great in IE and Firefox, but in Safari on Windows and in Google Chrome the items are not visible. They work in Safari on Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... have you had any luck getting an answer for this issue... we currently have the same issue. We have a cfformitem type="text" that does not show in the flash form.

Thanks.

BEN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been told (by Ben Forta no less) that this has been logged as an issue. Otherwise, no, I haven't heard anything. Since our Safari on Windows audience is pretty small we decided to live with it. For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

any news for this topic ?

Unfortunately, last update of flash player did not resolve this issue.

Google Chrome still refuse to display correctly flash forms ...

Any upgrade of CF or tip/trick anywhere ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an update on this issue?  I still can't get CFFORMITEM to work in the Chrome browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some code that demonstrates this?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even a simple example should demonstrate the issue here.

<cfform format="flash" name="FormItemTest" preloader="false">

<cfformitem type="text">This doesn't display in Chrome.</cfformitem>

</cfform>

It's not just cfformitem either:

http://www.asfusion.com/examples/item/filtering-records-on-a-cfform-grid

Viewed in IE or FF will shows different behaviour than in Chrome. The cfselect doesn't prime itself using the query data.

We've been hit with this problem too. Presently the only advice we can give to users is to use a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2010 Feb 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even a simple example should demonstrate the issue here.

<cfform format="flash" name="FormItemTest" preloader="false">

<cfformitem type="text">This doesn't display in Chrome.</cfformitem>

</cfform>

I see what you mean, yeah. There has been a bug raised for this - http://cfbugs.adobe.com/cfbugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=81584 - you might want to go vote for it.

We've been hit with this problem too. Presently the only advice we can give to users is to use a different browser.

Or, more realistically: you stop using <cfform format="flash"> 😕

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating this issue. However, it is not an easy issue to fix. Please make sure that you vote for this issue.

Thanks to Adam for providing the link to the bug here.

Hemant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with a <cfform>. In Chrome and Safari, it is not populating the <cfselect>s with database data.

The <cfselects> are working correctly in Opera, Firefox, and Internet Explorer on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

we have the same problem on http://www.ccli.de/about/contact.cfm and http://www.ccli.co.uk/about/contact.cfm with many different forms.

The CFFormItems are not visible, but also the CFSelect is not populated.

Has anybody found a solution to this? The number of Chrome users we have on our websites is greatly increasing, so we want to do something about it.

It is hard for me to believe that Adobe has not fixed this in this long time period.

If there is no way to fix those flash forms what would be the best and fastest work around? Convert to HTML and basically recreate the form plus include a captcha to prevent spam? Or does anybody have a better way of getting forms these forms to work on all browsers?

I really appreciate your help.

All best,

Micha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with cfform flash format on google chrome.  We're running ColdFusion 8.  Has this been fixed yet?

It looks like there is also a chrome issue\bug # for this http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=35220

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that this issue has been fixed in CF9. Have a look at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/847/cpsid_84726.html

cfform (Flash)

Flash forms created using cfform format="flash" do not render correctly in Google Chrome.

You will have to pay to get this upgrade for your server...
If you buy and install CF9 please let us know if your forms work properly on Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dev server and production server

Dev is at version 9,0,1,274733

I can confirm that this is NOT fixed on my dev server running the Developer version.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, now that Chrome is officially number 2 in the browser world - this is now a much higher profile issue for us as well. To tear down our beautiful tabbed forms at this point is certainly not ideal (to say the least). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, this is totally retarted.  I've been telling everyone at our company not to use chrome if they want to access our internal websites. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also confirming that on CF9 (enterprise), Flashforms do not work on Chrome and Safari on Windows.  Had we known that Flash forms would not be supported across broswers (an assumption you don't usually make with Flash), we never would have implented on our websites.  Changing them all to HTML is a real bummer.  Yes, going forward, we will never use Flash forms again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no techy, but i found that if you use the bind attribute, and don't have the text between the tags, the text will be visible in cfformitem text. eg.

<cfformitem type="text" bind="Enter the candidate's email address and number" style="font-weight:bold;"></cfformitem>

dunno about the dropdown problem though....would be great if someones got an answer for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For not being a techy, you seemed to solved years of anguish. LOL! Thanks, That worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation