• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos will not display properly in pdf

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows XP, just bought Adobe Presenter recently, so I should be all up to date.

In PowerPoint, everything works fine when I play a slideshow - my animations show up, all my photos are there, everything's peachy.

When I publish a pdf using Adobe Presenter, suddenly my photos do not show up in the slides. However, if I go to Thumb view on the sidebar in the pdf, I can see the photos on the thumbnail slides. So why are they not showing up in the actual slides in the pdf? All the text, etc. shows up, although our logo at the bottom of the page also fails to show up in the pdf slides, although I can see it in the thumbnail slides in the pdf.

I should mention that I'm viewing the pdf using Adobe Reader 10.0.

I'm hoping there is a quick fix for this, but I haven't found it by searching the forums.

Secondarily, my transitional animations don't play in the pdf. I'm not as concerned about this, but I don't understand why it's happening and would like to figure out how to change it eventually.

Thank you for any help you can give! I'm supposed to get a first draft to client by tonight, so the sooner the better. Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked that this PDF on another machine to see if the photo issue is not just on your computer?

For the animations/transitions problem, see page 18 of the Presenter manual: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Presenter/7.0/presenter7.0_user_guide.pdf

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've checked that it's not just my computer. In fact, I've called Adobe about this and multiple other issues. After putting me on hold for hours at a time, they've told me they "have escalated" my issues and that they will call me back once they find a solution.

In my experience, they have never called back. Meanwhile, I have found time-consuming work-arounds for every problem they couldn't solve. I will seriously discourage any company or individual I work with from buying any Adobe product. Their customer service is on par with Sallie Mae, and as anybody with student loans can tell you, that's just really awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I re-read your original post and believe I misunderstood your problem.

You said:

"In PowerPoint, everything works fine when I play a slideshow - my  animations show up, all my photos are there, everything's peachy.

When  I publish a pdf using Adobe Presenter, suddenly my photos do not show  up in the slides. However, if I go to Thumb view on the sidebar in the  pdf, I can see the photos on the thumbnail slides. So why are they not  showing up in the actual slides in the pdf? All the text, etc. shows up,  although our logo at the bottom of the page also fails to show up in  the pdf slides, although I can see it in the thumbnail slides in the  pdf."

1. Do you mean that the photos tied to your animations/transitions aren't showing up?

2. Are other photos on static (non-animated) slides showing up?

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize for not responding in a timely manner, but Adobe spent weeks on this and eventually got back to me to tell me that the only solution was a time-consuming work-around they had told me about weeks earlier. Presenter continues to have all kinds of "quirks" that require tons of time, their hold times are still horrible, their support people on the phone are difficult to understand, and often can't even get me answers.

FYI, they were photos in static slides, no animation. This happened with every slide in the presentation. The work-around that Adobe figured out (then took weeks to attempt to trouble-shoot only to get back to me with the same work-around) involved importing the photos, saving them to another folder, deleting them, and re-importing them. Because of another Presenter quirk, I had to import the photos, crop them, save them to another folder, delete them, re-import them from that folder, and crop them further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources