• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Register hhctrl.ocx, itcc.dll, itss.dll

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 8 on a new machine and I get a message indicating the the program is unable to register hhctrl.ocx, itcc.dll and itss.dll. I work in a very controlled environment and can not get admin rights!! Is there a work around to this problem, the RoboHelp Tech Notes say to reinstall with higher user permissions, this is not possible here. I do have super user rights, but can not reinstall the software. Any ideas how to convince Robohelp that it does not need to register these DLLs since they already exist in the WINNT/System32 directory????

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A search for itss.dll will bring some interesting threads. It looks like you have already discovered the tech note http://www.adobe.com/go/rb_3188
Can your IT dept do the install and then change the user's rights back to normal afterwards? The threads between Peter Grainge and Dave Mozealous indicate some doubt about this, but it's worth a try.

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, it is difficult to get the IT department to re-install, but if that is the only solution I can get back on their long list and wait it out.

If multiple user are using the same machine (not at the same time), will there be issues with the users who were not used to load the software?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, RH is licenced to an individual person, not a single person. It will only work properly for the person whose logon was used to install it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Maybe, a solution has already been found but since I faced a similar problem with RoboHelp 6.0 in Windows 7 (after upgrading from Windows XP), I thought I'll post a solution that worked for me for future reference. Following is the solution:

1. Go to Control Panel -> Programs.

2. Under Programs and Features, click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

3. In the Program Compatibility pop up window, click Advanced.

4. Follow the steps.

5. Save the settings after you ensure that the error message doesn't appear again.

Hope this helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp