• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use and publish large video files in presenter 7 ?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating video intensive e-learning contents in presenter 7 (updated to 7.05).

I generally, use 2 or 3 flv files (up to 50 MB size) in my presentation.

After I publish my presentation in a web site, users must wait too long for watching any single video.

Is there any method to use large video files (flv or any format) in presenter 7 and users can watch videos without any delay?

Best regards.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you're facing is that Adobe Presenter output video playback is primarily Progressive Download rather than Streaming.

Options, for you, include:

1) Figure out a streaming video solution

2) Use Adobe Media Encoder to compress/squash your video into more manageable sizes before importing the video into Presenter. I have found a decent compromise is the Web Medium preset as its datarate of 600kbps is just about the most a DSL connection can handle.

3) Split your videos (instead of 2-3 50MB files, you'd have 4-6 25MB files).

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend you take advantage of streaming by posting the videos as .FLV files in your Connect room instead of including them in your Powerpoint. That way the video will stream to end users and will reduce the size of your Powerpoint. You could use a separate lay-out for each video. I would make sure you reduce the size of your videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources